Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Hands not colliding after Throwing object

Discussion in 'VR' started by wuannetraam, May 11, 2020.

1. wuannetraam

wuannetraam

Its very weird behaviour. Im using steam vr with the player prefab. The hand collisions are working fine until I grab an object (Throwable) and release it. After that my hand (which grabbed the object) doesnt collide with the environment anymore. UNTIL the hand touches a more detailed wall with mesh collider. Then the collision starts working again and the hand collides perfectly with the environment. I have absolutely no idea what is happening. Ive removed the player prefab from my scene and added a new one. Same problem....

hope someone can help...

2. wuannetraam

wuannetraam

fixed it. The issue was that I had a few big Trigger Zones in my scene.

3. FrameXdropProvrex

FrameXdropProvrex

Hi. I'm also running into this problem. What do you mean with big trigger zones?

4. wuannetraam

wuannetraam

I had big boxes in my scene with a box collider with Trigger selected. Instead of using very large trigger zones I scaled them down and removed some after they have been triggered. Later on I had the same problem again with the hand collisions and how I fixed it was by placing a new Player prefab in my scene and test if that one does work. That one did work. So I compared my Player prefab with the original one and noticed that I had placed a trigger zone around my hands to be able to select menu items for example. I removed the zones and the problem was solved!

FrameXdropProvrex likes this.
  5. FrameXdropProvrex

FrameXdropProvrex

Thanx. Worked for me as well!

wuannetraam likes this.
unityunity