Search Unity

Handpainted texture pack - how much whould it be worth to you ?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jimmy livefjord, Jan 17, 2012.

1. xandeck

xandeck

I agree with Aridfish :)

2. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Great, send me some references to then ;)

3. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

4. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay working on a set with small barrels today. I will put up some screenshots later.

5. Aridfish

Aridfish

Hi tried to send you an email got an error "The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 13)" I've tried to send multiple times with the same error.

6. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hmm i have recently switched host becouse of the enormous mountain of problems with the old one (www.one.com) , the new one is hostgator and seems to work much better. I wonder if there could be something the programmer didnt change in the move, let me check that.

In the mean time please send you suggestions to jimmy.livefjord@gmail.com wich is my provate e-mail, thanks alot man for trying ;)

Kindly // Jimmy

7. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Here comes a teaser of the next asset. There will be tons of different content in the barrels. One with apples,gold,coal,water,oat and so on. there will also be a new barrel where the metal pops out in the mesh (the black barrels) the values on this asset will be insane ! ,

Attached Files:

8. lmbarns

lmbarns

Couldn't buy off the asset store because I'm on 3.4 and can't use 3.5 at the moment. I bought some off your site. They're amazing. I'll buy plenty more eventually.

Rock or granite textures would be nice, something not quite for walls but for boulder or steep hill meshes but not necessarily a cliff.....but could have tapering ruts or something.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  9. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hey man,
    I am not sure what you mean. If you want to buy the entire texture pack just visit www.handpaintedtextures.com , if you have tried to buy from the unity store here i am not sure. I uploaded the texture pack here on Unity and have only had bad experiences so far. The custummer support have been awful. I doubt that i will upload anything to the unity asset store again.

10. lmbarns

lmbarns

Yea people who have Unity version below 3.5 cannot buy anything on the store that is uploaded by people using version 3.5.......

I noticed you lowered your prices on your site. I bought only 5 textures which are all superb, I'll try to buy more each week as I have money, but that is a really great price for both your models and textures. Really takes things up a notch in game. :) Actually seemless tiles.

I didn't notice a "package" deal on your site like you have with the floor pack and larger pack in the store. But checkout was a breeze and files were accessible immediately which was nice. I'll go write you a review now :)

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  11. lmbarns

lmbarns

Man, I just generated normal maps for the textures and it's 0.o sexy........................I'd post a picture but your license forbids it

Highly recommended.

12. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hay man !,

Thanks alot man !! . "Yea people who have Unity version below 3.5 cannot buy anything on the store that is uploaded by people using version 3.5......." wow that is just insane. Talk about ruin the point with having a store, sadly i am not supriced.

I am glad you think i have a good price. More content is comming up soon to ;)

I just noticed that the texture pack isnt up on the page wich is strange. I am updating a lot of things on the page so the programmer must have done some mistake. I will tell him as soon as he goes online and it will be fixed in notime. Thangs alot for telling me about this.

I have recently moved my site to hostgator after having huge problems with one.com, NEVER EVER USE THEM ! From now on i think the download should work without a problem. keep buying and i will keep painting ! Big thanks for writing about my texture pack.that is awsome ! ,please follow us on twitter and like on facebook + spread the word to ;)

Kindly // Jimmy

13. hjupter

hjupter

Just bought the cliff texture and looks amazing, keep up the good work Jimmy :)

14. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hey man great work ! , I am glad to see people mixing the textures themself great work ;)

Stay tuned for more. I think i will finnish the barrel asset tonight.

Kindly // Jimmy

15. lmbarns

lmbarns

I just downloaded some trial software to generate normal maps and with 2 clicks it gave some default maps I was testing out in the editor. Probably too strong but it lets you adjust the sharpness, intensity, etc I'm sure some customers would be interested

I like how you share advice in the readme file, as a photographer unsharp mask is very useful when used in moderation, especially if you do it over a couple layers at partial transparency. A final touch I like to do at the end is duplicate layer the original image, bring it to the top layer, set it's opacity to 5-10%, set it to "overlay", then duplicate it about 5x which just blends things in nicely and compensates for any over sharpening.

16. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

I am actually not a fan of normal maps (thats why i never do them. I think games always looks better with painted light. But thanks for posting this i bet as you say a lot of people will find it handy. I generally prefer ndo. super easy as apegood results quick.
    http://philipk.net/ndo.html

I am glad you liked my text document, please let me know if you think i should include something. Great that you use my textures, and please port some more cool screenshots from your game.

Kindly // Jimmy

17. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay the texture pack is up now again ! , here comes a small update on the barrels. It has water and fruits now to ;)

Attached Files:

18. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

More updates on the barrels. Getting closer ;) , I will try to squeeze in every bit of information that i can in the texture (512 pix). If alot of people buy this texture and enjoy it i am thinking about making an extra texture later on with only more ingredience inside the barrel. I think i would be able to put like 20 more ingredience on a 512 texture.

Let me know what you think. Kindly // Jimmy

Attached Files:

19. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Alright, Barrels are finally finnished ! , these will go for 6$ on www.handpaintedtextures.com. i just have to prepare everything. They will be up within two hours !

Attached Files:

20. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Sneak peak on the next asset. a chest, it will be two version,one with gold in it and one without. open /closed. 512 diffuse.

Attached Files:

21. Alienchild

Alienchild

Love the barrels! The light colored barrels though have the shadow on the upper metal ring in a different direction than the others though. Looks a bit weird when sitting next to each other ;)

Edit: also, where can I buy your 3d models? Can't find them anywhere.

22. xandeck

xandeck

23. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Are you serious ? , They are on my site www.handpaintedtextures.com ! , Chest will be done later today maybe tomorrow depending on how much time i get over.

24. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hey man, hold on it will be done soon ! ;)

25. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Some progress on the chest. I will finnish this tomorrow. you can now have rss feed and subscribe on www.handpaintedtextures.com, all new textures right down in your pocket !

Attached Files:

26. Kyzyk

Kyzyk

jimmy, you're a superstar!!

27. ivanzu

ivanzu

Looking awesome maybe make the dents a bit more apparent,it looks like you got some duplicated polys sitting on top of each other or its just image artifact.

28. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

thanks man ;)

29. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Relax its not done yet ;)

30. Alienchild

Alienchild

Wow totally my bad, I never noticed the Assets link at the top there. It was somewhat hidden ;)

31. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Update on the chest. Almost done now. 464 faces.

Attached Files:

32. ivanzu

ivanzu

That is sexy,I could sleep in it!

33. xandeck

xandeck

Really nice job Jimmy...

34. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks man !

35. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Ha Ha, thanks bro.

36. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

37. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

38. ddeaco

ddeaco

Just out of interest how long does it take for you to make a texture like that from start to finish?

39. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Generally between 2 -4 hours. This texture only took an hour. the more stones you press into a texture the longer it takes. Its the details in all the cracks and so on that takes time.

40. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Looks pretty nice, maybe a demo would wet some people's appetites.

41. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks Man, What do you mean with demo ?

42. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

43. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Here comes a sneak peak for the next asset. Four small lowpoly chests that are much easier in design, they will share one 512 * 512 diffuse.

first chest done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  44. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

A preview of the next texture. If you wonder where the small chests are i just took some time of becouse my inspiration sank to zero.
    This weekend i am going to abroad for a week so next wekend there wont be any updates however i am thrilled to tell you all that this weekend a friend of mine will include some of my textures in a uv tutorial (Blender) !

Attached Files:

45. ivanzu

ivanzu

That looks great,have you been playing Diablo lately because textures are looking so similar?Would be nice if you could post the link of the tutorial when he finishes it.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  46. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hey man,Actually i havent, this texture comes from my mind. I have really kept myself away from Diablo 3 on purpose. Once i start playing that i am gonna send my girlfriend to mars for a week ;) That game is the most georgous game i have ever seen, amazing texture work.

Sure i will put up a link as soon as the tutorial is finnished !

47. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Alright the new texture is up ! , Soon i will be releasing another texture pack. 10 stone textures for 15 $.

Attached Files:

48. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

49. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Here comes a teaster: Inside roof - a really early stage.

Okay see you guys in a week ! time for a vacation.

Attached Files:

50. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Attached Files: