Search Unity

Handpainted texture pack - how much whould it be worth to you ?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jimmy livefjord, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Boxes.jpg Here comes a preview of the next asset. It was suppose to be a lava texture but inspiration took me another way. This 512 texture will contain 3 different small boxes.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Krileon

Krileon

Nice, actually was looking for something like that. I also could use a bridge and a ramp all made of wood and the size of a box (so they can be tiled together). I'm thinking like wood logs linked to one another or something (I'm no artist, lol).

Have you considered using your textures to make minecraft like blocks so they'll work with Rotorz and Tidy mapping assets?

Also can you add a link to your asset store page to your signature so it's easier to get to your assets, lol.

3. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Can you send me a mail with all the asset requests with a little more explenation ? , I have no idea how to make minecraft blocks. You think that would be cool?

Link will be added, thanks !

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Is something wrong with my computer? I can't see the lava texture. When are you going to make winter textures?

Also, still no time for lessons?

5. Krileon

Krileon

They're just squares like your wooden boxes, but with dirt textures, rock textures, etc.. applied. Typically shading would be done around the edges of the box as well so they look better tiled together. Check out the below Rotorz tile system where you can see what I mean by tiled blocks.

http://www.rotorz.com/tilesystem/

For the bridge and ramp I'm thinking just logs up against one another probably tied together with rope. I've no concepts of any of this of course as best I can do is stick figures, lol. Something like the below.

OOOOO

Each "O" being a log then them tied together with rope.

Also, I don't see your other texture packs on asset store? Any eta on those?

6. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Contact me on skype and i promise we will work something out ;) I just feel bad for not doing this. The truth is i have so little time i dont have the energy to learn how to get going with this. I think i started to look into to justin TV. If you have any special suggestions on streaming sites that works good for this kind of thing or you have energy over i will let you set things up.

Kindly // Jimmy

7. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Can i make any money on mindcraftblocks ?

I will look into the texture stuff on Unity as soon as possible promise !

Kindly // Jimmy

8. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Box_Update.jpg Here comes an update on the boxes. When this asset is done there will be two more boxes included in one 512 * 512 texture.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. Krileon

Krileon

Yup, there's tons of folks doing voxel engines in Unity, see the below topic.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/63149-After-playing-minecraft...

There's also TidyTileMapper and RotorzTileMapper that both use cube tiles that could utilize the assets as well.

Basically they'd be cube prefabs with very nicely done seamless textures. The tile systems basically have multiple usages as well such as a top on the cube that has a different topper texture. It makes more sense if you check out the below link with a video of blocks being painted into the game on a grid.

http://www.rotorz.com/tilesystem/

Ok, no worries; I'm still implementing gameplay so just using placeholder assets at the moment, but I absolutely want your textures for release.

10. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

11. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

12. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Alright the Box asset is almost done ! six different boxes sharing one 512 * 512 texture. There are both lowpoly and medium ones !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  13. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay Next texture will be a door. I think i will include the 3d model aswell.

Attached Files:

14. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Alright here comes the 3d model !

Attached Files:

15. Krileon

Krileon

Any eta on when your other texture packs will make it to asset store? I only see the 1 with just 35 of your textures and isn't packaged properly (don't need the zip, leave unpacked in its asset folder). Am working on upgrading my assets for the game now from prototypes to final and am really looking forward to using your textures (basically I am saying: take my money! why won't you take my money?). I know I can purchase from your site, but it's more convenient to keep my purchases on the asset store (price increase to account for Unity asset store cut is fine).

16. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Hi man, The reason is time. The rules on the Unity asset store doesnt exactly make things easier. I will see if i get some time this weekend. I still cant promise that. I have a daughter and a fulltime other job so time is something i very rarely have.

Kindly // Jimmy

17. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

18. lmbarns

lmbarns

God I love your stuff, when I get paid I'll buy more. I was generating meshes in Blender with heightmaps and the textures just look amazing.

It looks better with the water lower so it shows the dirt but not bad for 5 minutes to model.

You should make a water texture....

19. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks alot man !

I really love seeing what people make with my stuff ! I have a pretty big ground texture comming up soon. 2048 * 1024 tile sheet with alot of small 256 pieces. Keep sending screenshots man !

Kindly // Jimmy

20. Krileon

Krileon

I really like the modular fence, but is there any chance of getting a modular bridge? I'm needing a wood plank bridge with ropes and such, but modular so it can be tiled together really well. So far I've been using your fences to do this and have just rotated them, but don't have any wood planks to work with. I'm working on finalizing some of my art and have already implemented your boxes (very nice!).

Edit: Nevermind, lol. I made a pretty awesome looking bridge with the fence assets! Thanks again, they look great!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  21. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay thats great. again time... If i had more i would do em all. Post some screenhots from your game later. would be awsome to see some.

Kindly // Jimmy

22. Krileon

Krileon

Sure, below shows a couple of my features previewed all at once.

That is realtime with grid, placement, and your fence assets turned into a bridge.

23. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

looks great man! , That with alot of colored light will look great for sure.

Kindly // Jimmy

24. Krileon

Krileon

Yeah, lightning isn't done yet. There's a global light applied for now as it's easier to edit, but once that's done it'll have lights from torches and other illuminating sources only with real time shadows.

25. Krileon

Krileon

Any update yet on your other textures making it to the asset store? If I purchase from your site I only need the Texture Pack 3, correct? As it appears to contain all previous textures.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  26. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Yes the texture pack 3 will cover most of the textures. there might be one and two that are missing but its the latest. I just dont have time for now i am afraid :(

Kindly // Jimmy

27. Krileon

Krileon

Ok, thank you. If you release future texture packs can you provide a list of what is new only so I don't re-buy like 60 textures I already own, lol (haven't purchased yet, but just for futures sake when I do).

28. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Attached Files:

29. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

A new stone texture is up!

Attached Files:

30. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Alright tomorrow i will upload another stair texture. Here i have apllied a simple mesh to show you how it can be used. Tilable off course.

Attached Files:

31. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay Two more textures are up !

Attached Files:

32. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Grass2_texture_render.jpg A new grass texture is up. I am really happy with this one. Much more fluffy.

33. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Another stonefloor texture just got added. Had fun making this.

Attached Files:

34. Ethan

Ethan

Love the new grass texture!

Keep it up :)

35. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks man! more to come! ;)

36. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

A new grass asset just got added. I will brush up the last one a bit to because i didnt feel it really made use of all the 512 pixels. This one is really brushed. Would be perfect for more wet environments. The grass is a little bit longer and grow in chunks. Also the shadown are more darker to give a bit more depth to it. really happy with this one hope you like it!

Attached Files:

37. mu-kow

mu-kow

I like all of your textures! I will likely get more than a few once I'm ready for them. Keep up the good work!

38. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks alot man! , Cute kid on the picture =P If you have any suggestions of textures please let me know.

39. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Yellow_Grass_V2_Render.jpg Just added a new texture with more dry grass.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  40. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

A new dirtground texture just got added!

Attached Files:

• $Big.jpg
      $Big.jpg
      File size:
      227.2 KB
      Views:
  41. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Okay a new dirtwall texture just got added.

Attached Files:

42. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Next texture is a scifi canvas that you can mix and match as you please.Got a good hour left before i am happy.Will be doing alot more of theese in the future, ventilation fans and so on.

Attached Files:

43. Kalle-Olli

Kalle-Olli

Really nice textures fellow artist, i'm big fan of paintery look!

44. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks alot Kalle! Stay tuned for more. A new sci-fi canvas texture is up today!

Attached Files:

45. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

A new Stone wall texture just got added!

Attached Files:

46. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Barrel_Render.jpg Next objects is a Metal Barrel! I have tons of space left in the uv so i will probably add some more 3d objects and signs to this.

47. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

$Metal_Barrel_Render.jpg Finally done!

Metal barrels with some screws and a monkey wrench. Different versions of barrels are included - some lowpoly - some highpoly. Had a really good time making this! will be up soon on www.handpaintedtextures.com!

48. animationcat

animationcat

What a unique idea for a store, nice work! Your models are nice, almost a Torchlight sort of style.

49. jimmy livefjord

jimmy livefjord

Thanks Jenna!

I am a huge fan of those games. If you know any artists that are interested in collaborating and sell their hand painted stuff on my page let me know!

Kindly// Jimmy

50. Kalle-Olli

Kalle-Olli

Just bought one texture... Just for fun, looks amazing! The wooden floor one, tho i was expecting to get 2 variatons, one without nails and one with them, like in preview...

Now i need to think where to use it, maybe as website background or something. :) Maybe try out myself making textures, would be great variation for icon making.

Great work! Reminds me lot about Torchlight and World of Warcraft.