Search Unity

Handling of deleted versions

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by AurimasBlazulionis, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AurimasBlazulionis

AurimasBlazulionis

Hello, I have got a problem when my system blue screened and never booted up again after something going wrong with nvidia drivers. My last couple of programs were deleted in the attempts to fix it, Unity 2018.1 beta 9 including.

It was not completely removed, but things like .exe were missing. Trying to "uninstall" it from the hub and it not working, I manually deleted the folder of 2018.1b9. But it still is inside the hub.

I couldn't locate the file where all the installed versions are stored so could not delete the version manually. I think there should be a button that would verify the installation and act accordingly if something is wrong. At the moment I am installing 2018.1b9 manually to the same directory it was installed by hub. Will see if whether it breaks or not.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Currently, if you manually remove an editor downloaded by hub, in order to see the change, you need to quit the hub (from the tray menu) and open it again.

We consider a better solution similar to what you suggested to avoid restarting the hub.