Search Unity

Handle transition in transition?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dengzijian06, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dengzijian06

dengzijian06

Hi,

Some times I need to cancel current transition and turn to another transition. For example, I have IDLE RUN states, and transition condition like CMD2IDLE CMD2RUN. Start from RUN state, if I issue CMD2IDLE then CMD2RUN in succession, I expect the state end up with RUN, but now I got IDLE. It seems that mecanim can't handle CMD2Run when in 'RUN-->IDLE' transition.

What can I do in that situation? THANKs!

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

This is what the "Atomic" flag on a transition is for. According to the documentation if a non-atomic transition is incomplete and the conditions for a higher-ranked (ie: higher in the list) transition are met then it will switch to that transition instead.

3. dengzijian06

dengzijian06

Thanky you angrypenguin!
    But I thank there are delicate differences, that I am not mean Run-->Idle trans to Run-->Idle2. What I need is fastly end current transition Run-->Idle, so that I can perform Idle-->Run again, since there is no transition from Run-->Run.
    Does atomic will work for me this way?

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Not sure about that. I'm just getting into Mechanim myself at the moment, I've been working with it for only about a week.

There is a method in the Animator API to transition to a state, maybe look into that? I haven't checked it out, but my initial thoughts are that it would go from whatever you're doing directly to the requested state.

5. dengzijian06

dengzijian06

OK,thank you, I will check the API!

6. dengzijian06

dengzijian06

It seems CrossFade can't help me also since I don't know which tgt state currently it is. Is there any other solution, may be a transition queue will help, how to achieve that?