Search Unity

'HandJointKind' could not be found

Discussion in 'VR' started by elliott_unity878, Jun 12, 2019.

1. elliott_unity878

elliott_unity878

I'm trying to run the hand tracking demo (HandInteractionExamples).
    I'm running Unity 2019.1.0f2 (i think the same thing happened in 2019.2.0b1).

• Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit v2.0.0 RC2 is the toolkit version.
    • Import Assets, the foundation and the examples.
    • Go to build, switch to Universal Windows Platform.
    • Target SDK version - i've tried both Latest Installed and switched to 10.0.10240.0
    I get a bunch of errors like: Assets\MixedRealityToolkit.Providers\WindowsMixedReality\WindowsMixedRealityArticulatedHand.cs(390,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HandJointKind' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    • error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HandMeshObserver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    • Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
    • Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    • UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    • UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 5 errors at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194 at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:97 UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    • MissingMethodException: void UnityEditor.PlatformIconKind..ctor(int,string,UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup,string[])
      Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'UnityEditor.iOS.iOSPlatformIconKind' threw an exception.
    Let me know where I should start to look to address these?

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Looks like the Microsoft's toolkit depends on a newer version of Windows SDK than you have installed on your machine.

3. elliott_unity878

elliott_unity878

Ok I tried to update the Windows SDK at this link, and restarted the PC, but still get the same errors.

EDIT - I think this version might depend on some kind of preview version of windows as part of the windows insider program.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  4. xuxxxx

xuxxxx

hi did you resolve this? i made the same error

5. elliott_unity878

elliott_unity878

Unfortunately not, it looked like a rat's nest of issues here.

6. mstackvmware

mstackvmware

I have the same issue as well. What can we do?

7. chbecker2

chbecker2

Official Microsoft Employee Microsoft Employee

8. sysYawa

sysYawa

These types appear in 18362,install 18362 SDK can solve the problem.what's more,i found that if you get this error and you have installed the 18362SDK.It may be is the problem of unity,check the build setting->target SDK version,make sure 18362 version in those selections.If not,reinstall the 18362SDK and reboot your computer.Normally,you can build successfully.