Search Unity

Hand Controllers Not Appearing, No Menus

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by IsmirQuismik, Apr 11, 2019.

1. IsmirQuismik

IsmirQuismik

Hi,

I just started using EditorXR. I'm using the latest version of 2018.3 and I can't see my hand controllers when I'm in editor XR.

When creating the project I selected VR Lightweight RP (Preview). I have OpenVR and Oculus packages installed, and I have the older version of the SteamVR plugin that comes with EditorXR (because otherwise it wouldn't work). My firmware should be up to date. The controllers are on, and they work to bring up the SteamVR menus.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why the hand controllers might not be showing up?

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I think this is because you are using the VR Lightweight RP, which doesn't currently work with EditorXR. Have you tried with the legacy renderer?

3. IsmirQuismik

IsmirQuismik

I have not. I will get on that! Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out.

4. IsmirQuismik

IsmirQuismik

So far no luck, the render is set back to the old one and I've switched back to the standard shader but I still am not seeing any hand controllers when I'm in the editorxr and I"m unable to open menus. Do I have to be using exactly unity 2018.3, or is 2018.2.11f1 okay?

5. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I'd try importing into a new project that is set up with the legacy renderer instead of switching. Perhaps a setting got borked in the process. I haven't tested with 2018.2.11f1, but it should work.

6. IsmirQuismik

IsmirQuismik

Okay. Also sorry that was supposed to be 2018.3.11f1 not .2, I missed a key. I'm not even sure that's a real release.

7. IsmirQuismik

IsmirQuismik

No luck on that, still can't see the hands.