Search Unity

Halo... 5?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by FLASHDENMARK, Jul 5, 2012.

1. FLASHDENMARK

FLASHDENMARK

Nah, not Halo 5, but a Halo game it is.

I have for the past months been working on a life long passion of mine; a Halo game.

It is nothing new, or original, but I do not intend it to be either.

You can play the WIP version of the game at Kongregate.

I have no plans on finishing this, but I wanted to get the core of the game playable. And I believe that I am managing pretty well thus far.

This "Prototype" was meant as a challenge, and I have definitely been having a tough time with some of the mechanics that the Halo games has to offer.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Ajjar

Ajjar

Not bad looking. But i think maybe a bit more would have had me liking it more.

The Scorpion I could run straight through.
    I couldn't pick up weapons.
    Jumping was recreated really nicely. (My fav part)
    Guns were pretty.
    If I used the button 'y' I could drain shield, which from memory is the same.
    And I found that if I hit the letter 'p' i could recreate endless weapons. Was pretty cool lol.

Like I said, not bad but would have enjoyed more to it.

3. FLASHDENMARK

FLASHDENMARK

The Scorpion is missing colliders, I know. Easy fix.

You pick up weapons using the "E" key, not the "X" key as told in-game. The game was originally designed for a Xbox 360 controller where the pick up button was "X", but on PC you pick up weapons using the "E" key. The controls are also explained below the video.

The shield draining and the endless creation of weapons are a part of my testing. When pressing "P" a function executes which would also execute when the player dies, thus dropping all of the players weapons. And the shield draining was used for something I cannot remember right now.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

4. pivotraze

pivotraze

Hopefully you don't plan on either making money from this, or actually releasing it with the name Halo... that would get you in major trouble unless you talk to Microsoft, or maybe 343 Industries

5. CodePanda

CodePanda

If you flip the Warthog and get out, you go under the map :p
    Looks pretty good so far

6. Majestic24

Majestic24

This is pretty good for an indie prototype. The guns shoot nicely! The gameplay and animation was very smooth

It was nice work. Keep it up, you have a lot of potential

7. ImogenPoot

ImogenPoot

Calm down... Of course he can't use the name Halo but that is pretty much it. This looks like any usual Indy shooter, not a clone. If you don't copy Halo specific story&gameplay, and I can't imagine that there is much to it these days, since pratically anything has done, there is absolutly no problem. Game mechanics can not be protected, only the overall product in a very close margin. For example you can not create a Mario Kart, no matter what. But if you change the name and the appearance and names of the characters in there, you are done... But then, it is no Mario Kart indeed.

8. pivotraze

pivotraze

I was just trying to be helpful. The fact of the matter is, it looks EXACTLY like Halo. Models and everything. While this is pretty darn amazing, it is troublesome in the least. It obviously is a Halo clone, and models etc... CAN be copyrighted (I should know, I've been stopped from using a few models I was going to make because the copyright is held by someone else).