Search Unity

Hair Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by andrii-shpak, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zed001

Zed001

Has anyone else tried to use Hair Tool with Final IK?
    Seems that Hair Tool doesn't respect IK...

Artaani likes this.
  2. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

You can use Hair Tool with IK.
    IK overrides animation on late update. Hair Tool works on late update too. So, you need to add hair settings script to script execution order.

Artaani and hopeful like this.
  3. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Is you mesh consist of submeshes?

4. cerrec

cerrec

I don't think so. It's a simple skullcap that I extracted from a Daz Genesis model, in 3DSMax.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. stylophone

stylophone

Hi, just want to let you know that your website is unreachable as it automatically redirected to wix, as well as the documentations.

6. Artaani

Artaani

andrii-shpak, hello. Just checked Hair tool after a pause.
    Huge progress! Now it casts shadows, lit by point lights and affected by wind zone. Very nice!
    Almost usable for projects.

Still a few things which should be fixed:

Hair does not receive shadows from point light
    2 mb GIF
    Hair does not recieve shadows Point light.gif

And its receive shadows from dir light, but only partially. Look:
    2 mb GIF
    Hair does not recieve shadows Dir light.gif
    It is a bit in shadow, but still lit by dir light. Also note that hair casts shadow from dir light not as good as from point light (look at right side of the face) but it is not a critical flaw.

I hope it is possible to fix it?
    Once problem with light and shadow will be solved, this tool will be absolutely amazing!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    hopeful and Romenics like this.
  7. Zed001

Zed001

Oh, heheh, thanks~ Works with it great now!

One more thing: Is light probe support on the roadmap already?

8. Vagrant-VX

Vagrant-VX

I had this problem too but I was trying to export from blender

Solution is you need to remove all of the bones and textures from the scalp so that in the end you'll have only the scalp as a model with no other stuff in it, then it will work

9. Liens

Liens

Where are the latest docs? Documentation link is dead!

10. Steken

Steken

I'm having a problem that occurs in both Unity 5.6 and Unity 2017.1. The version of Hair Tool is 1.2.5.

The call KernelId = Shader.FindKernel(kernelName); on row 23 of KernelBase.cs fails consistently, causing the hair to not render at all.

This happens in all my projects where Hair Tool is used, and it has previously worked fine.

If I start Unity from scratch, add Hair Tool as the only plugin, and run the scene "Demo", everything works as it should. This suggests that something else in the project is the root of the problem, but I have performed different tests and comparisons for days now, and not found a solution.

I have tried deleting all Hair Tool files and reimporting them again, but the problem is still there.

11. Steken

Steken

I'm replying to myself here: Right after posting the above question, I changed the order of the PlayerSettings "Graphics APIs for Windows", and put Direct3D11 before Direct3D9. When I tried the "Demo" scene again everything worked.

12. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Could you send me it on my support mail?

13. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Thanks, fixed

14. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

[Hair does not receive shadows from point light] It is present in my road map.
    [And its receive shadows from dir light, but only partially] It because you use some post effects with using of normal depth texture. Looks like SSAO. Here is tutorial how to enable normal depth texture for hairtool

Artaani and hopeful like this.
  15. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

I was not. But now yes,

16. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Fixed. Also there is pdf documentation in GPUToos/Hair/Documentation

17. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Yes it require DX11. Sorry for late answer.

18. stylophone

stylophone

Mate there's no pdf documentation in GPUToos/Hair/Documentation...If you think there is you must be missing something...

19. kinodax

kinodax

Same on the missing PDF documentation. However Thank You for whatever for the last fix. I had a problem where the hair was not tracking the head, yet reacted to all colliders. Having tried and traced everything I was about to start a support process when I saw the update, so I gave it a try and everything works better than before. So ++Goodness! Thanks!
    Any word on the compatibility of the cloth system with the hair system ? It has been a while since I last checked.

20. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

hopeful likes this.
  21. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

I'm trying to have compatible verssions on store. But it is not always possible. So the better way is to write me. And I will send you both as one package

22. pan-master

pan-master

During making the build
    Assets/GPUTools/Hair/Scripts/Geometry/MayaImport/MayaHairGeometryImporter.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

23. NaughtySquirrel

NaughtySquirrel

Anyone had any success getting this to work with the Morph 3d models. I've been doing some tests but cannot seem to get the hair to render in play mode. I get an error about having no indices.

Do I have to create a scalp model and somehow get that to fit the head size.... why can't I just use the skinnedmeshrenderer of the M3d model?

I thought about using a model created with the M3d artists tools for the scalp.... I'm going to try that next.

Also.... your brush needs a create hair option.

24. NaughtySquirrel

NaughtySquirrel

Second question... I want the user to be able to change their hair style at runtime. How should I approach this?

25. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

You can change hair setting in runtime. But you should "copy component" and then "paste component values" to save changes.
    To change hair geometry in runtime is impossible in current verssion.

26. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Could you send my morph model? I'd try fix it.
    [Also.... your brush needs a create hair option.] It is pressent in my feature list. And will be added soon

27. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

I just added wrong import for Assertions. You can ease fix it by added
    "using UnityEngine.Assertions" insted of NUnit using. Or write me to my mail and I'll send you it directly

28. NaughtySquirrel

NaughtySquirrel

29. sam-perisentient

sam-perisentient

I'm hitting a bug using HairTool in Unity 2017.1.0f3. When I open the demo scene, select the Scalp of any of the Styles, then click "Enable Brush", then press 'm' I get the following error in the console (and the brush doesn't work):

ArgumentException: Attempting to create a zero length compute buffer
    Parameter name: count
    UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer..ctor (Int32 count, Int32 stride, ComputeBufferType type, Int32 stackDepth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComputeShaderBindings.gen.cs:223)
    UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer..ctor (Int32 count, Int32 stride) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComputeShaderBindings.gen.cs:209)
    GPUTools.Common.Scripts.PL.Tools.GpuBuffer`1[System.Single]..ctor (System.Single[] data, Int32 stride) (at Assets/GPUTools/Common/Scripts/PL/Tools/GpuBuffer.cs:27)
    GPUTools.Hair.Scripts.Geometry.Create.Kernels.HairEditorKernel..ctor (UnityEngine.Vector3[] vertices, UnityEngine.Color[] colors, System.Single[] distances, GPUTools.Hair.Scripts.Geometry.Create.HairGeometryCreator creator, System.String kernelName) (at Assets/GPUTools/Hair/Scripts/Geometry/Create/Kernels/HairEditorKernel.cs:44)
    Assets.GPUTools.Hair.Editor.Geometry.Create.Scene.GPBaseBrush.StartDrawScene () (at Assets/GPUTools/Hair/Editor/Geometry/Create/Scene/GPBaseBrush.cs:30)
    Assets.GPUTools.Hair.Editor.Geometry.Create.Scene.GPMoveBrush.StartDrawScene () (at Assets/GPUTools/Hair/Editor/Geometry/Create/Scene/GPMoveBrush.cs:15)
    Assets.GPUTools.Hair.Editor.Geometry.Create.HairGeometryCreatorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/GPUTools/Hair/Editor/Geometry/Create/HairGeometryCreatorEditor.cs:57)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2392)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1721)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1553)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)​

30. leechanghun

leechanghun

Hi~
    (unity ver 5.6.1f HairTool ver1.2.6)

i don`t know... error!!

Error messege upload.
    Tell me how.

Attached Files:

31. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

32. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Current verssion was not tested with unity 2017.1.0. Write me to may support mail and I will send you update

33. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Can't reproduce it. Could you describe your actions before error had happend?

34. sam-perisentient

sam-perisentient

Thanks! I've sent an email to the address I found on your website.

35. Artaani

Artaani

@andrii-shpak Hello.

For some reason I no longer can import hair from Blender.
    Earlier this file worked, but now hair is invisible.

2017-08-18_03-33-11.png

Also hair have offset from scalp, but in .blend file everything seems normal.

I created a test project, here is a project folder (Unity 5.6.1) Blender file included in Assets
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjR-sm-wpCtQgf84tGcNTB_Ueke5qg

36. Dorumeka

Dorumeka

Hi,

first of all, amazing asset. This hair looks amazing.

I'm having a small problem. The hair stops rendering at what I thought were seemingly random times. I figured it was happening when this purple cube goes outside of the camera's frustum. What I can't manage to do is move and scale this cube. It may be a dumb question, but how do you correct it?

Thanks!

37. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Pink rectangle on scene window is bounding box of hair (it is responsible for a culling), so hair should be in the center of it.

38. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

I'll test it and let you know

Artaani likes this.
  39. Dorumeka

Dorumeka

How do you move it? The scalp game object (which has the Hair Geometry Creator) cannot be moved, I suspect by your script. And the position of the object that has the Hair Settings script has no effect.

40. xieyun2017

xieyun2017

Hi,
    I notice that this tool need DirectX11,I'd like to know if it is possible to have a support for OpenGLCore because I need a tool for hair to be used in Linux. Or if it is possible for me to buy this tool and Rewrite it to give it a support for OpenGL, not only tech but alse the permission.

41. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

HairSettings=>StandsSettings=>HeadCenter

42. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Opengl core seems support compute shaders well. but when I trying to use tesselation (it is major feature for hair tool). Unity editor just crashes. I think we should wait for better support of OpenGLCore

43. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

It's a bug. Could you write to my mail? I'll send you fixed update

Artaani likes this.
  44. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Or replace line 37 in file
    HairGeometryImporter.cs

HairGroupsProvider.Process(ScalpProvider.ToWorldMatrix.inverse);

Artaani likes this.
  45. xieyun2017

xieyun2017

Got it.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply

46. Thermos

Thermos

Hi,
    The hair is just amazing, but I found some culling issues.
    Hair seems to be invisible if the editor lose focus. Also it would be visible if the hair object is seen by camera in the first frame, it will need to be moved it out of camera then moved back to work.
    Is there a way to force the hair go back online again?

47. andrii-shpak

andrii-shpak

Unfortunatelly, I can't reproduce this bug(
    Could you provide more delail steps to reproduce

48. Thermos

Thermos

Sorry for the late reply. This bug can be reproduce by:
    1. Open your demo scene in Editor
    2. Hit play, you should see hairs.
    3. Alt + Tab switch to another application, chrome for example.
    4. Alt + Tab switch back to unity editor.
    5. No more hairs.

BTW, this bug seems to be editor only, so not very urgent.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  49. leechanghun

leechanghun

Error ㅠㅠ
    I need help plz.
    (add screen shot)

Attached Files:

50. Nyxeka

Nyxeka

Hey there!

Awesome tool, loving this thing.

So, I need to figure out, https://i.imgur.com/vCpdXmv.jpg what are those extra hair strands that dont actually have physics on them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.