Search Unity

Hack 'n Slash Action Adventure Horror

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by helioraanswer, Mar 21, 2013.

1. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Now that the Gargoyle learning project is over I started with the new project.
    It's in the early stage, character modeling and animating.
    This game will be all about demons and is set in a post apocalyptic era.

Here are a few screenshots of the characters map WIP.

Characters that will be in the game.
    $scrddchars1.jpg

The map so far.
    $scrddmap1.jpg

The main character.
    $scrddchez3.jpg

Main character's demon arm.
    $scrddchez1.jpg

First enemy the player will encounter.
    $scrddkor1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  2. RustySpoonSeb

RustySpoonSeb

Looks nice so far, though I think the mouth on the main character's arm extends too far down. Are you aiming for this game to be more focused on action or horror?

3. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

The mouth-arm thing will be the player's way to feed and gain health points.
    And if possible it'll have a tongue to grap or poison enemies.
    Action first, I don't have a lot of practise on horror textures but the map's going to be very dark.
    Hopefully the atmosphere and difficulty will increase the horror factor :)
    The most time will go into programming the functionality first.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Small update.
    Animations for the main character are done and the first enemy is now rigged.

Enemy #1
    $scrddkor2.jpg

Enemy #1
    $scrddkor3.jpg

Main character
    $scrddchez4.jpg

5. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Okay, first combat demo time!

PLAY

Controls:
    ASDW + Mouse for movement/direction
    Left Shift is Jump Dodge
    Mouse buttons are attack block
    Spacebar = sprint

Health/Stamina/Rage bar will be added, you'll need it.
    Also, a health filling checkpoint.
    And hopefully the lightning fix so the big light can go out.

6. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Update Time!

PLAY

1. New control scheme, you can now focus on your enemy
    2. Improved enemy script, he doesn't dance around or move and look at the player while attacking or blocking.
    3. Tweaked animation, recovery speed and health/stamina drain while blocking
    4. Light fixed, needed baking. To much point lights in the scene so no more fully dark areas.

Controls:
    F = Focus (toggle)
    E = Switch to closest target
    ASDW + Mouse for movement/direction
    Left Shift is Jump Dodge
    Mouse buttons are attack block
    Spacebar = sprint

Up next:
    - Adjusted map because the light is fully on
    - Health/Stamina/Rage bar
    - Focus graphic to know who you're aiming at

7. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Small update, working on the map.

PLAY

Needed to be a whole lot smaller, and still is stretching.

Emitters, bars focus graphic up next!

As soon as the graphics + medkit work I'll make a youtube post.

8. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Another small update:

PLAY

Health, Stamina and Rage bar are now a texture (place holderz)

And you now have feedback to your attacks. When do you do the
    best damage? Dust means you hit a block, blood means you are
    damaging your enemy.

Focus texture still on the to do list.

9. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

10. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

Yeah Buddy!!!

Didn't know if I was going to fix it myself but I got it working.

PLAY

#1 Enemy now has a healthbar on top of it's head.
    #2 Enemy now has a focus ring around it's feet so the player knows if it's focussing and on who.

Now that the main combat is finished, and the enemy's give good feedback, all the main
    features of the game are set.

And it's time to go back to the drawing board for visual style, story and characters.

11. Liviu-Globa

Liviu-Globa

Good work. But i think you need to increase the speed of attacks and of combat in general

12. jonkuze

jonkuze

nice! I love post apocalyptic genre! = )

13. honey_badger

honey_badger

dude, awesome work! i love the character models, they are extremely creative.

14. helioraanswer

helioraanswer

So I've also been doing some work on the story. How does the player fit in and all. Well, the jeans don't anymore. It's going to be medieval all the way.

Story so far

Background:
    Sickness spread across the land long ago. The disease even reached the kingdom and ravaged within the castle walls.
    Many people died. 50 years later beings returned from the void, seeking to destroy the world of men.
    The valiants stood against the void beings, they were the protectors of humanity. They failed.
    Soon after their defeat the darkness spread. The void beings slayed all within it's path till there were but a handful of humans left. Then they returned to the void. But the threat did not end there. For the dead did not remain dead for long.
    A new enemy arose from the ashes, the dwellers. Former people of the kingdom, enraged to insanity, sought to destroy what was left of the world of men. To have their vengeance on the remaining valiants, who were suppose to protect them. You are one of those valiants.

The Dweller:
    The dweller is a being that was once human. But something happened when it died, it's soul could not reach the afterlife and was sent back to it's now decayed body. Having felt a glimpse of the afterlife, the soul turned insane, this energy shaped it's former body into a demonic being. Dwellers come in many forms depending on the state of the remains and how long it has been drifting in the void. Dwellers are a former shadow of their human self, and know only hate.

Void Beings:
    The plague claimed many lives, so much that the way to the source was blocked. The remaining souls stayed in the afterlife to long and turned into void beings. Somehow a few of them found their way back to the living world.
    Void beings are intelligent and have a free will of their own.

Void Shadows:
    Souls that could not return to their bodies because they were too decayed. Still in the living world they manifested themselves as void shadows. They mimic the appearance of other creatures but are colored black and white.
    They cannot harm a physical being but can only take away their stamina. Not having a physical form does render them immune to physical attacks.

Void Shifters:
    Void Shadows that have grown so strong they could steal another person's remains. This allows them to shift between physical and void form.

Chezza the Valiant:
    Chezza was one of the valiants that stood against the void beings. She was wounded and left on the battlefield.
    After the battle someone dragged her to an old workshop and left her there. Chezza awakened decades after the battle with the void beings. The world, now dark and desolate, added to her desperation. What happened after her failure? Is she the only human left? How did she survive, and is she still human at all?

So the player controls Chezza, the only remotely human looking person left in the world as it seems.
    Currently I'm redoing her design, she's no longer a college student but a mutated scarred former knight.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013