Search Unity

GyroMOVE! (Core) Gyroscopic First Person Camera Control! (Pseudo VR)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Webbstre, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Webbstre

Webbstre

Introducing GyroMOVE! (Asset Store Link)

Before I try to explain what GyroMOVE! is, you should probably watch this video so it makes more sense!

From the movement in that video you might expect to be seeing the output from a fancy VR headset, but in reality that is a mere Android tablet being held out in front of the user (me in this instance). It may not be the immersive experience of an Oculus Rift or a Vive, but it is an affordable and accessible step towards a new type of gameplay.

But don't take my word for it! If you have a compatible Android device you can try out the controls by downloading the APK or by installing the demo from the Google Play Store!

Now that you have hopefully had a chance to test out the controls, you may be thinking "Is that it?" Well it doesn't stop there! I have a list of game Starter Kits that will build off of the GyroMOVE! (Core) and allow fast and easy prototyping! If you are a hands-on person you can simply purchase the Core package and build off of that, but if not you have a lot to look forward to in the coming months! The first pack in development is a Space Pack, which includes a working Solar System model, an Asteroid Survival Game (based on my in-beta Android game Plasma Mania), and a VR-like multi-directional Tower Defense demo. Once this kit is released the introduction sale for GyroMOVE! (Core) will end!

2019-11-5 Update: The package has been approved! (Link here) It has only been tested on Android at this point, but it was developed with iOS in mind as well, and will receive official testing in the near future. If you happen to try it out first, let me know!

Once the package is up for sale on the asset store you will also want to check out this example tutorial:

The visual assets in that tutorial are not included from the package, and are actually a pet project of a friend's based on the game Torchlight (one of my favorites). If I receive permission I will include that scene in the demo in the future as well.

That's it for now! If you have any questions, suggestions, or need support, ask in this forum, at twistedwebbe@gmail.com, or in this thread on my website!

2. Webbstre

Webbstre

Reserved for Update Notes.