Search Unity

GvrReticlePointer not working when looking down

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by arfish, Jun 20, 2018.

1. arfish

arfish

I have a VR button in a gameobject with Event Triggers for Pointer Enter, and Exit.
    The button works fine when it's positioned vertically in front of the player VR camera.

But if the button is tilted over 45 degrees (in x-axis) the triggers stops responding (the debug rays is still visible in editor).

How can I place a VR button below the player for Exit or Paus a game (tilted 90 deg), using Cardboard/Daydream?

Is the area below the player reserved for Daydream api or something?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. derekrocco

derekrocco

Thanks for reporting and sorry you're having difficulties. I've replicated your issue and am looking into it. I'll keep this thread up-to-date with my discoveries.

3. derekrocco

derekrocco

It seems like there are a couple things going on here.

First, you need to make sure that the button's Canvas has a GvrPointerGraphicRaycaster, and that it does not have a GraphicRaycaster. We will add error messaging to make sure there are never two on the same object.

Second, the GvrPointerGraphicRaycaster should have Blocking Objects set to Two D or None. If it's set to Three D or All, this error occurs. We'll triage why, and consider changing the default GvrPointerGraphicRaycaster options.

Third, this bug always appears on Instant Preview, even with the two above solutions. We will triage this issue, but for the time being you can test this code in Editor mode (don't plug a phone in, and use the editor's keyboard controls) or by building the app on-device.