Search Unity

Guys , From Where That Scene ? does it belongs to Unity 5 ? it`s realistic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Developer007, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Developer007

Developer007

that scene said powered by unity ..... -.-

SememeS likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why yes, that is Unity 5.0..

3. Developer007

Developer007

its good scene it`s look triple A scene .... does unity 5 make FBX imported like AAA ?

4. mgear

mgear

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Of course it does :).

Developer007 likes this.
  6. Developer007

Developer007

shadow what`s 3D editors you use to design Fallen spirit it`s looks good .

you use maya , mudbox ..... ?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hmm let me think :), Zbrush / 3DSmax / Photoshop / Quixel and Maya LT for rigging bipeds.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  8. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

My it does look fantastic, doesn't it? :D

9. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

I wouldn't mind at all if the next fallout or elder scrolls game used this engine. Unity 5 looks like it is Unity's biggest and most exciting release. I'm so impressed.

SememeS and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

I came across this a long while ago, hence why I'm sticking with Unity :D..

They could of done a huge mountainous background and added some sweet looking clouds just to really tip the balance between good and gorgeous. But still I see a lot of potential in Unity 5.0 and Quixel :D.

dogzerx2 and Developer007 like this.
  11. SVGK

SVGK

Mmm, this is nice looking.

Strange though, a lot of games with PBR seem to have this same plastic look to them that this does.

12. Developer007

Developer007

yeah i hope i can take artist`s brain by saw , cuz tutorials take too much time and me no have time ;p

13. Developer007

Developer007

that scene also remaindes me about frostbite engine of assassin`s game

14. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

you mean Frostbite as used in Battlefield?

15. minionnz

minionnz

Can someone point me in the direction of a good article about Quixel (and what it can do for Unity 5)? I've seen bits and pieces, but I'm not 100% sure what it is/what it replaces/why it's so great etc.
    How does it compare to current tools/technologies?

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Quixel in essence is a texturing suite with PBR calibration tools built on top of photoshop, you assign color ID's to different meshes and apply different materials to them. Once in Quixel you preview with 3DO once you have generated your AO / Normal maps and Color map. Beauty is you can layer materials to add rusty effects / scratches etc.

It's a very quick and easy way to texture models in short.

Developer007 likes this.
  17. Developer007

Developer007

aah anvil engine i remember , did Quixel only used for texture or can sculpting and make meshes like Maya

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

It can't I'm afraid it's texturing only, there are too many bloody art tools.. Can't someone please just collate them, make a Unity 3D modelling suite with everything in..

I'll throw money at you :D..

Developer007 likes this.
  19. robhuhn

robhuhn

I'm wondering what exactly was performed by Unity 5.0 in that screenshot, so others would say Unity 5.0 made a big step.

For me it just look like a lot of art work. Are there any visible special effects, filters, technologies which are not present in Unity 4.5?

20. Whippets

Whippets

@robhuhn - yeah, my initial thought was "that's been built especially to look good - probably 1fps and a lot of artist time"

21. Pix10

Pix10

I've had that conversation so many times. So, so many.

Unity, SideFX,, Allegorithmic & Pixologic merger. That might jump start things. I guess add Quixel to round it up.

Deleted User likes this.
  22. Deleted User

Deleted User

I really need to make a thread on this, it seems most devs don't understand what is artwork and what is tech. Not trying to be rude, because it's very confusing..!

dogzerx2 likes this.
  23. peteorstrike

peteorstrike

Unity Technologies

The image is from a work-in-progress realtime demo that was given a sneak peek at this year's GDC.

This is all off the top of my head, but from what I remember this image is showing off the new Standard Shader and PBR pipeline at work, use of Quixel Megascans data, baked lighting with a fully dynamic realtime sun, as well as some image effects goodness.

dogzerx2 and calmcarrots like this.
  24. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Ooooohhhhh my goodness my games will look soooo great now omg. My game is using only solid colors so basically I only use one material 512 X 512 for my whole game. That is super efficient which gives me a lot of room for special effects like the ones in this picture.

On top of that, it is a 2.5D game so basically most of polys aren't visible, so I can take those out and I would end up with a game that's about 5k polys for the whole game. With all that room for effects, I can totally use almost every image effect and realtime lighting while maintaining a constant 60 fps 1080p. My gosh I love Unity

25. StarManta

StarManta

Physically based shading is clearly in play here, for one.

26. zenGarden

zenGarden

That's hard to see real material difference wood house, wood pieces, and terrain floor material where ther is no water don't look so special. I think we can do such wood material and look using Lux framework ?

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Still looks like I need to work on a better anti-aliasing post, quite a lot of jaggies on the picture.

28. Developer007

Developer007

can u explain about anti-aliasing , idont prefer it , cuz scene looks blur ... idk

29. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

What? Anti aliasing is great. It is supposed to smooth out edges in polygons.

Developer007 likes this.
  30. SpreadcampShay

SpreadcampShay

Agreed. They havn't said anything about it, but it's something I really hope will be integrated to Unity 5 in a improved way. Especially SMAA and TXAA would be nice to have! It's what I don't like about this screenshot here either, too many jagged artifacts. Other than that it's very nice.

31. ameromosallem

ameromosallem

32. Ryiah

Ryiah

Wacky-Moose likes this.
  33. 00christian00

00christian00

Has it been downgraded before releasing? The original image looks much better than the one on the asset store.

34. zenGarden

zenGarden

Photoshop ?

Does the asset loads correctly ? Are the shaders working good and the scene not broken ?
    It is a total mess with BlackSmitgh broken demos :rolleyes:

35. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Well if they used quixel megascan maybe they don't have the right to package the textures with it, so they put in some lesser quality ones.