Search Unity

Resolved Gun in hand, without using grab : Do not shoot anymore

Discussion in 'VR' started by christDuNord, May 3, 2021.

1. christDuNord

christDuNord

Hello.
    I am a beginner and I use the Quest 2 with XR toolkit.
    I followed this tutorial "
    " of Valem, and everything works fine.

But what I would like is not to have to take the gun. It must always be in the hand, you can't let it go.
    It is also done and it works.

The problem I encounter is that I can no longer fire the gun! The trigger no longer works.
    I replaced the "XR Grab interactable" component with "XR Simple interactable" but it doesn't work anymore. Impossible to shoot.

Anyone have any idea of the problem?
    Thank you.

2. PincerGame

PincerGame

Hi @christDuNord for your case, you can consider using XR socket interactor on your hands. Add a socket interactor on your hand and attach your gun at the 'Starting selected interactable' field on XR socket component. Please check out here on how you can add socket interactor on your project here.

3. christDuNord

christDuNord

Hello.
    Thanks for your help.
    Alas, it is not possible to attach the gun to the 'Starting selected interactable' field on XR socket component!
    I've been blocking this problem for 2 days, which I think must be very simple -_-
    There is animation with this gun. I just want to run this animation when I press the trigger on my joypad!
    I manage to display a message in the console that I press a button, but I don't know the line of code to start the gun animation.

4. christDuNord

christDuNord

I managed to get my code to work, but I messed around so much I don't know how I did;)