Search Unity

Guitar Fighter [almost done]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nickavv, Jan 19, 2008.

1. nickavv

nickavv

Well, Uglonep dared me to make a game that is controlled with the Wii Les Paul controller, so I did. ;) Or rather, I still am. I just need to add enemies and the sound effects for all the frets except for green.

Either way, I thought you guys might want to see a screenshot of it, so here goes! The Guitar model is from Turbosquid btw. I was too lazy to make my own. >.>

Attached Files:

2. nickavv

nickavv

Just thought I'd post a bit more stuff to try and wow the crowd. Here's the awesome power of Chords! I am not sure what its purpose will be yet, or how to limit its use, but this is what it looks like anyhow.

Attached Files:

3. Jessy

Jessy

As a guitarist, I'm intrigued. I can't see the inlays from your screenshots, however. Is it a Les Paul Standard of a Les Paul Custom? Either way, the back of the neck doesn't match the color of the body. Blasphemy! :p

4. nickavv

nickavv

:p I'ven't a clue. I just plugged "Les Paul" into TurboSquid and took what I got. Anyways, glad you're intrigued by it. :)

5. Jessy

Jessy

6. nickavv

nickavv

While those are smoking awesome models, their price tag is a little to high over my comfort zone ("free"). ;)

7. Jessy

Jessy

That's why I gave you the sticky-out tongue. :)

That being said, those 7-string Ibanez models appear to be extremely accurate to the real things.

8. groovista

groovista

Awesome -- one of the things I love most about all CG is the power it gives to visualize the intangible -- feeling the groove, seeing a scent trail, simulated synaesthesia, etc. Remember the rats' experience of tasting food in "Ratatouille"? :)

About that model: 225,000 polygons seems huMONgous...how would one optimize such a fine instrument?

9. Jessy

Jessy

Decimate modifier in Blender, maybe?

10. bliprob

bliprob

If you want to use the Uniwii plugin, let me know. I'm hoping to clean it up for a release this week, but things are hectic and that may slip, so PM if you're interested.