Search Unity

GUISkin example, is there one?

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Ryuuguu, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

I would have sworn I saw some GUIskin complete examples but I can't find them now. Are there anyexample skins complete with textures. Even the defualt one with textures you can look at outside the skin inspector would be handy.

cheers,
    Grant

edit: I may be thinking of a Unite presentation.

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

The source files for the default GUI were included when the Beta was distributed, but I don't believe they were included with the final when it was released. It would be nice if UT posted them someplace for download (like the Wiki?).

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I'm checking on this, stay tuned...

4. shaun

shaun

5. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Good stuff Shaun! I downloaded that bad boy already. :)

Of course that still won't stop me from looking into the example of our built-in GUI skin. I have the copy we sent out to the beta list but I'm hoping to verify that it's still current and complete as the one I have was posted well before we locked everything down.

6. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

Thanks.

Wow Amiga that brings back memories.

cheers,
    Grant

7. shaun

shaun

Hey Tom,

Which example are u talking abt? - I may have lost that email.

I haven't seen any major changes to the built in skin for a while - did Nicholas update it?

Cheers
    shaun

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

During the beta cycle Nicholas posted a copy of the built-in GUI skin complete with textures (the default skin used when you create new GUI objects). I'm not sure if it's been updated or not, that's precisely what I want to verify before I post the (old?) copy I have sitting on my hard drive. If it's been updated then I want to get the latest-and-greatest copy of the built-in/default GUI skin and texture set before posting it.

9. shaun

shaun

Got it - thx.

10. Jeff-Kesselman

Jeff-Kesselman

I coud really use this as well as I need to make a minor tweak to the default skin.

Frankly just a zip of the source textures is all I really need.

11. AngryBear+^

AngryBear+^

The default skin's source textures can be found in the resources section. (http://unity3d.com/support/resources/assets/built-in-gui-skin)
    You can download the zip or the unity package so you get the skin itself to see the various settings for the controls.