Search Unity

GUILayout margin confusion

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Marc, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Marc

Marc

Greetings.

Im trying to calculate the excact size of some button styles layed out in a horizontal group using GUILayout, but i cant seem to make sense of how the margins works.

From what i got now it seems that the GUILayout only adds the margin between the buttons and not at the left or right most edge buttons which is ok cause i dont have a need for margin if there is nothing next to it, but! i dont get how the margin between the buttons work.

Example: left margin (L) set to 5 and right margin set to 10 (R) on the button (B) style.

----------------
    |B|R|B|R|B|
    ----------------

It seems to use the largest margin set on the style and ignore the small one is that correct? Why is it not additive?

What i expected:

------------------
    |B|LR|B|LR|B|
    ------------------

2. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

The margin between two elements are the Max of the elements' facing margins. (like you described above like CSS)

IF you have elements (e.g. Buttons) inside a container (e.g. BeginHorizontal), two things can happen:
    * If you pass in a GUIStyle to BeginHorizontal, the distance from the container element to the Buttons is the Max of the container style's padding the buttons' margins
    * If you don't pass in a style, the lowest margin of all elements are propagated "up" to the container element.

3. Marc

Marc

Ok thanks. There wouldn't happen to be a CalcSize that account for this? :D