Search Unity

GUIForms Library

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by marceloroca, Oct 14, 2009.

1. duke

duke

Just as a note:

- Invalidation is probably what INotifyPropertyChanged (and INotifyObjectChanged, etc.) is in WPF/SL.

- The event propagation and management could be done with the Reactive Framework, in fact it would be ideal.

- The control hierarchy is tantamount to a Tree Data Structure, so i've started by having my ControlBase class inherit my TreeNode<T> class that I made a while ago (which has enumerators and GetNext/GetPrevious, etc.).

I'm going to attempt to make everything as modular as possible, by wrapping controls with behaviours and using composition containers, rather than concrete implementations.

This provides a good overview of the WPF layouting process:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb613542.aspx

2. geyapingcn

geyapingcn

So many great works

3. creat327

creat327

Hi guys,

I'm checking this out, looks awesome so far but it's missing a spinningwheel like the iphone one:

http://cubiq.org/media/images/spinning-wheel.jpg

is it possible to make one like this with your framework?

tough?

Regards,
    Joaquin

4. duke

duke

Is there a way to get the bitverse library to work for Editor GUI's?

5. Duffdaddy

Duffdaddy

Do any of these work with the latest 3.1 releases of Unity? Are these projects still being developed?

6. dkozar

dkozar

There's a library released for Unity that has an event-dispatching system that's tested and which I've been using for my GUI. You should try it, perhaps it should boost your GUI system.

SystemManager is the name of the class that handles mouse and keyboard events (tutorial soon).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  7. itech

itech

Hello I try to run your project and I get this error :

Assets/package/bit-gui/system/controls/text/BitPasswordField.cs(36,32): error CS0122: `UnityEngine.GUI.PasswordFieldGetStrToShow(string, char)' is inaccessible due to its protection level

I use Unity 3.1.
    Thanks

PS.
    Is there any tutorial for some Basic instructions how to draw GUI elements to screen, I see that there is a BitGUIToolBox under the Window, but when I open it I see list of the controls but I can't figurate how to deploy the same into the screen.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. cemC

cemC

dkozar , great work GUI. Especially GUI effetcs is the most impressive...