Search Unity

Feedback Guides for create stylize visual in HDRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A' started by echu33, May 25, 2023.

1. echu33

echu33

Hi,

I mostly work with URP, but I really like all the features available in HDRP right now, such as cloud layers, volumetric light, APV, etc.

My problem is that there aren't many resources available to teach users how to work with HDRP, especially for creating stylized visuals.

While it's possible for users like me to inject custom lighting logic in ShaderGraph or even rewrite a custom lit shader in URP (it's time-consuming but doable), it's not feasible to do this in HDRP, at least for me.

So having some guides to create stylized visuals (whether through ShaderGraph or post-processing, custom pass) in HDRP would be super awesome for people aiming for this kind of style and also wanting to work with HDRP for those HDRP-only features.

Thank you.

mandisaw likes this.
  2. mandisaw

mandisaw

+1 for this. My interest is using HDRP tools for nailing down the target look during development, which can then be faked/baked for use at runtime, applied to specific high-end platform builds, and/or used for pre-rendered cases (trailers, special cutscenes, etc). The earlier tutorial introducing this approach was very enlightening :)

3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

linosia97 and mandisaw like this.
  4. Matjio

Matjio

Unity Technologies