Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide showing how to Import DirectX Models into Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Greg-Bassett, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi Everyone!

I have just created a FREE easy to use 32-page step by step guide detailing how to import Microsoft DirectX format 3D models into Unity, including animated objects!

I share the secrets of the tools required and where to get them to enable you to make use of the many freely available DirectX format models from the web.

As well as showing you how to import this models into Unity, the guide also provides information on where you can obtain a large collection of game ready models, textures and audio files for FREE!

These include:

25+ People and Monsters
    20+ Vehicles
    10+ Weapons
    35 MIDI music files
    120+ Audio Files
    200+ WAV sound effect files
    4 MP3 game soundtracks

To download my pdf guide please visit http://www.alabsoft.com/unity3d.shtml and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

I hope you all like the guide and it is of use to you!

And if you make use of DirectX models in your projects as a result of the information in my guide, please feel free to make a donation were possible, by donating you help me to continue to produce more top quality Unity 3D resources, plus I am saving up to upgrade my Indie license to Pro!

BTW, you can read more about me and what I do in the latest issue of 3D World Mag, page 20 Reel Lives interview.

All the best!

2. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

Thanks very much. :D

3. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Thanks for this Greg :)

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello Greg,

I can't unzip the file... i have a message error ( i use mac os x 10.5)
    Any suggestion?

Thank you

5. jimmy

jimmy

Hello Greg,

Is it still downloadable?If yes,please tell me,

Thank you