Search Unity

Other [Guide] How to add Nodes from Packages (2022) Eg: .Netcode

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by REDACT3D_, Oct 21, 2022.

1. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

Sometimes while working with Visual Scripting you will encounter times when you need a node that doesn't show up on the fuzzy finder. For example, if you import a package like Netcode for Multiplayer you will need to setup your project to Generate the new Nodes. This is called Adding Assemblies or Types.

This is how you make those missing nodes*.

Inside the Project Settings window, Navigate to Visual Scripting and you will see this screen.
    We're looking at the two things at the top [Type Options] on the top and [Node Library] under. Click those tiny gray arrows to EXPAND them into the full layout so you can access the window.
    1.PNG

This is the Node Library, it's all your Assembly files that you would normally see with like <include Unity.Engine> but this list format.
    2.PNG

You'll see the small [+] Button tab at the bottom, click this to add an assembly.
    for crying out loud, don't click on reset to defaults or you'll have to start over lol
    3.PNG

When you click the Add button, you'll see how it creates a blank assembly. click on it to look for the thing you want to add.
    4.PNG

In this case, I'm adding Netcode to work with. sometimes its hard to find the name to look for.. at least the fuzzy finder will help narrow things down. You'll know what I mean when you try to add somthin' that doesn't have a consistent name scheme or is from some other thing. Just hard to find some stuff. mess around with it.
    5.png

2. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

After you add the assembly, just click Regenerate nodes.
    NOT RESET TO DEFAILTS lol
    6.PNG

Next let's add the Types. EXPAND the Type Options.
    7.PNG

This is the list of Types. Colorful isn't it?
    8.PNG

Again, click on the add tab to create a new list item.
    9.PNG

See the empty item? Click on it to add stuff.
    10.PNG

3. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

I want the Network Object Node so I'm adding the type.
    11.png

and BAM, Nodes.
    12.png

Don't forget to Regenerate.
    6.PNG