Search Unity

GUID conflicts - 2018.3

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JamesWjRose, Dec 11, 2018.

1. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I am getting hundreds of the following errors:

GUID [d4351734f8a0aaa42a51a99db92e92e2] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing/Editor/Tools/ResourceAssetFactory.cs' conflicts with:
    'Assets/Gaia Dependencies/PostProcessing-2/PostProcessing/Editor/Tools/ResourceAssetFactory.cs' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

This is happening for multiple objects.

I found this ref https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...plicate-guids-for-plugins-shipped-in-packages so I updated to 2018.3, since the article states that this issue has been resolved. Yet, I am still having it.

I asked about this on reddit and was told I could simply change the guid in the .meta file. However before I do that I thought I would check here to see if I can get confirmation of the issue or another solution.

Thanks kindly

2. glenneroo

glenneroo

Hitting the exact same issue here, also with 2018.3.0f2 and Post Processing 2.1.2 via Package Manager.

3. mick129

mick129

Same problem here
    upload_2018-12-27_1-31-30.png

4. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I know this is not helpful, I had to restart my project because of this and a few other issues, mostly because of the other issues. (I have several beta assets)

You may consider creating a testbed project and importing your assets to see when/if this happens again. Sorry I haven't found an actual solution

5. glenneroo

glenneroo

I used the recommended solution from the reddit thread you found, that is, open all of the .meta files which are listed as warnings in Unity. Then, use a website such as guidgenerator.com to generate new GUIDs (don't forget to turn off "hyphens") and paste a new GUID into each of the .meta files to replace the existing GUID. I had to do this to ~72 files, so it took about 10 minutes to replace them all. I even left Unity open, when giving Unity focus again, it detected the changes and reloaded the Assets. Now everything works and I have no more GUID warnings!

y01cu, Asymmetric and JamesWjRose like this.
  6. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Awesome! Good to know.

I had other issues, so starting the project over and moving components was of value for me. You rule for trying that out.

7. irisp

irisp

JamesWjRose likes this.
  8. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

9. DevilCult

DevilCult

What the error says exactly is you have 2 postprocessing folder, one in com.unity.... and one in your project. Delete the one from your project, no more conflict ;p

10. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Thanks Devil, I ended up having to redo the project because of a number of issue, but it's great to know the answer. You rule. Have a great week

DevilCult likes this.
  11. DarkryCZ

DarkryCZ

Oh man this was so helpful... I know this is a year old post, but this simple comment helped me fix the problem that bugged me to hard. I read so many posts about how people had to completly redo their own work and make a new project and so on and I myself gave up and wanted to just ignore those messages, cuz everything else worked fine.

For those who still don't know- Open your project file (The one you create when you make a new project) and then follow the path that Unity says is problematic. For me it was -project name-/Assets/Plugins and -project name-/Assets/Editor.
    I just deleted those files and all works :)

RicaPT, PolygonPros and DevilCult like this.
  12. laikyfairres

laikyfairres

i re-created this issue by simply ctrl+D (duplicate)ing a texture. seems as if it keeps the same GUID through the dupe

13. MED_AMCH

MED_AMCH

Thank you very mush 'DevilCult' That solved the problem
    it was a conflict between two Post Processing Folders

14. S0paTa

S0paTa

The solution for me was to use this tool to generate a GUID (it is important to disable the usage of hyphens): https://codebeautify.org/guid-generator
    Then replace the GUID in the .meta file of the problematic class with the newly generated one.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022