Search Unity

GUI only visible in one eye using single pass rendering

Discussion in 'VR' started by olavrv, Feb 7, 2017.

1. olavrv

olavrv

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

What build of unity are you using?

3. olavrv

olavrv

5.5.1p2 (also tested with 5.5.1p1 & 5.5.1f0)

4. olavrv

olavrv

I should also mention that we are using NGUI. Is there anything that need to be implemented in NGUI shaders for it to work with singlepass rendering mode?

5. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Are you using the NGUI plugin from a 3rd party for unity gui's canvas system? If it is the 3rd party plugin, it sounds like the shaders need to be updated single pass instanced.

6. olavrv

olavrv

Yes, I believe so also. But unfortunately we do not have anybody that have experience to adapt the NGUI shaders to single pass instanced.

Is there anyone reading this that can help us out? Just send me a PM proposal for price.

7. olavrv

olavrv

We just tested with the Unity UI/Default shader, and same thing happens here - so this does not seem to be a isolated NGUI issue.

Any tips to help us resolve this issue? We depend on single pass rendering to get good enough performance on our hololens application..

8. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Few questions and ideas for this issue. I can't reproduce the issue on my side, even with basic UI and objects single pass instanced appears to be working fine for me.

I have a question did you recently upgrade that project from a previous 5.5 build?
    -Could be an upgrade issue, I would try going to assets and then re-import all then try building and deploying again

It might help to force the project to rebuild if you recently upgraded your project. You can do this by deleting everything in the project folder except your assets and project settings to see if this fixes the issue with the shader.
    -Another solution is to trying using latent frame presentation to help improve performance.
    -HolographicSettings.ActivateLatentFramePresentation(true);

I think this might be a strange upgrade issue. Let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Wesley