Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

GUI not showing in Android build

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by Pequeno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Pequeno

Pequeno

I'm having a problem, when I build for my Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013 version tested), that some of the GUI isn't showing. Everything works in the editor. This is in Beta 17.

I'm using a single canvas, and a structure, where the buttons has two children, which has the images being used on the buttons.

The shown buttons are in the lower left corner. The top corner doesn't show it's images. The right side isn't showing at all.

The whole canvas is 1280x966.
    I've added a Reference Resolution with 1280x800. I also tried with 1280x1000, same result.

Anyone else had the problem, where it looks correct in the editor, and then some of it disappears in an android build?

Anyone know where I might be doing something wrong?

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

We have automated tests / development actively happening on Android with the new UI (on the nexus 7). I'm guessing that maybe your UI isn't set up properly for scaling or something similar? Have you tried deploying one of the example scenes?

3. Pequeno

Pequeno

Sorry for the late answer.
    I haven't tried to deploy an example scene yet, no. I did try and make a new project and deploy with some GUI, and that worked.
    The funny thing about ours own is that the functionality i there. All the buttons work. They just don't show up.

4. meapps

meapps

try to increase the scaling from the elements maybe they are too small...

5. MrFireVirus

MrFireVirus

I had the same problem, the scaling worked for me.

6. creativemobgs

creativemobgs

Did you find its solution? I'm having the same issue. i'm using unity 5.6.2p4

7. dasfuhrer

dasfuhrer

me too same problem , scaling didnt solved my problem

8. Tym777

Tym777

i am having a disappearance after building an android game... in 5.6 & 2017 - two different projects same issue.

works in Editor. ...but after build....so many missing sprites and function buttons....

Next option: Control Freak add-on to make my own buttons in one...
    *...but the match 3 game wont work that way