Search Unity

GUI can't stretch under camera aspect influence.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by xCyborg, Aug 21, 2014.

1. xCyborg

xCyborg

I know you guys spent alot of time on the GUI and I like it so far BUT the lack of option to make it stretch along the scene as I set a fixed camera.aspect value is a huge down for me as I target alot of ratios and resolutions and the native result is hard to predict. is it late to do anything about that?
    Also the Console window shows all the info in one line without return which hides the errors, fix that please.
    Also Unity Remote 4 (android) doesn't seem to support multi-touch with the GUI system.
    Also is it normal that a default button and a default slider cost 4 draw calls?
    Last but not least, how hard is it to add fullscreen support?
    -Edit: using world space render mode is maybe a q and d fix but why isn't there official support for multiple reolutions/aspects?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure I understand. You can make a perspective UI by setting the Canvas to Screen Space - Camera and then using the aspect ratio of the camera for the UI.

Please raise bugs

3. xCyborg

xCyborg

@tim,
    I will report on the console window and unity remote, as far as the draw call issue, there is no atlas to begin with all the sprites are the default buit-in ones, should I activate something here?
    Thank you anyway for your response I will stick to world space canvas.
    One last thing, after deploying to android I noticed a consideable lag for the slider handle when you drag it (like 300ms).
    On the other hand I appreciate sprite scaling in place (alt) and fixing alpha based selection.