Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Groups not working

Discussion in 'DOTS Physics' started by snacktime, Jul 21, 2021.

1. snacktime

snacktime

Really odd colliders that return true for CollisionFilter.IsCollisionEnabled won't collide. Layers have values but are not set to collide, colliders have the same >0 group index.

Except they do collide when using Havok.

Doesn't seem to matter how I create the collider, conversion or manual.

I am using sub scenes, and the colliders are by default prefabs from the sub scenes. I tested with just replacing the colliders on instantiation with manually created ones to see if that made any difference but it didn't.

Sort of at a loss, what seems likely to cause this?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  2. snacktime

snacktime

Seems to me like group unions might be a possible issue during broadphase filter combining? I don't have a completely clear picture of possible parent/child nodes and where all the combined filters for those are used. Like is it possible for a parent to have children that have different group indexes? If so wouldn't that just set all the children to 0?

It does seem like it's the combined filter being wrong that is the issue. Especially since it always works in havok, and what else could it even be?

3. papopov

papopov

Hey, which version of Unity/Havok physics are you using?
    Also, could you share with us the troublesome CollisionFilter values that don't work for you?

4. snacktime

snacktime

2020.3 LTS and 0.6.0-preview3.

Filter I described, same group index > 0. I verified all possible combinations that IsCollisioEnabled handles just to rule out scenarios like maybe havoc was colliding with any positive group index combination. But havoc worked correctly in all cases.

Just to be clear this is Unity.Physics not working correctly.

5. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Just to make things clear and easy, do you have an example scene showing the problem?
    There have been a few changes to the composite collision filters, and there are a number of other elements that could contribute to the issue. I'd really like to be on the same page when discussing the problem.

6. snacktime

snacktime

I did but don't anymore. I abandoned the group approach for other reasons entirely.

unityunity