Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Grouping projects together

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by lookjaklook, Aug 1, 2023.

1. lookjaklook

lookjaklook

Could you please consider adding a project grouping feature? I have numerous projects, some of which are tests for assets I'm using or modifying, while others are projects from other people I found online and such. It would be incredibly useful to have the option to group them, so I can easily select a specific group to work with instead of scrolling through all of the projects. Although the 'Favorites' feature is nice, I don't feel it's sufficient for sorting through my projects. I believe many people would also appreciate such a feature in general.

One potential solution could be to introduce a tag system in addition to the 'Favorites' system. This way, I could simply tag a project and then filter them from the rest. Maybe even add different colors for the tags, that would be nice.

Thanks!

RamunDev likes this.
  2. bugfinders

bugfinders

Very much, for example, for using probuilder and maybe loading in asset packs when i know I dont need it all but need to load it and decide what bits i do want, and then i have to go through it so i can import it into the final project for a cleaner life there, but the project purly exists as a playground for the core project.

RamunDev likes this.
  3. RamunDev

RamunDev

I really like this idea, It's really annoying trying to find old Projects because there are so many dummy projects that I used for Assets, They could be grouped by Categories that you can set or you can assign them a color to differentiate a Main project and one that is made purely to hold an asset

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
    bugfinders likes this.
  4. bugfinders

bugfinders

me too ive like 20+ experimental asset, ideas, recreate someones post type projects its almost hard to find the real ones