Search Unity

GroupComposer and Soft Zone

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by aer0ace, Nov 8, 2019.

1. aer0ace

aer0ace

I have my vcam's Aim set to Group Composer and while it works great for full screen, I'm using a split screen setup, and was hoping to adjust the soft zone, screenX/Y and BiasX/Y to help suggest to the GroupComposer to move it to one half of the screen, but this doesn't seem the case. The soft zone settings work for Composer, but not GroupComposer. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Is this a bug? I am using Unity 2018.2.21f1

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It works for me using the latest CM version. Make sure you set the group framing size - that controls how much of the screen you want the group to occupy. What version of CM are you using?

upload_2019-11-8_16-7-19.png

3. aer0ace

aer0ace

Good to know it works on latest! Since I'm on 2018.2.21f1, I am still only on the CM available on the Asset Store. I will have to upgrade Unity to get latest CM.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

CM 2.2.9 works on Unity 2018.2. You can get it from the package manager. Before you upgrade, make sure to delete the Cinemachine folder from your Assets, otherwise there will problems upgrading your content. Make a backup first!

5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I cant find the support website or forum so thought I would ask here.

On the Cinemachine asset page it says:

Collision system Camera collision systems are difficult to get right. Cinemachine gives you the ability to put a Collision system on any camera with the push of a button.

Where is the button? I am trying to add collisions to an existing invector camera as a first step before digging into learning how to use cinemachine.

Thanks

6. aer0ace

aer0ace

So, it looks like I was already using CM 2.2.9 via the PackageManager.
    I found out why it wasn't working for me. I was swinging BiasX to max left/right. I set this back to 0, and the GroupComposer now works for me. Thanks for your help!

Gregoryl likes this.
  7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The first step is to create a Cinemachine virtual Camera and add a Collider extension to it. This will replace the invector camera.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I will look into this as in that case I need to change cameras depending on character such as riding a horse and crouching etc. Thanks.

Oh, are there any tutorial videos related to this?

EDIT: Thanks I sorted this and it works fine. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  9. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I managed to get a FreeLook Third Person camera working with collisons and it works great. My invector camera previously had a camera change when I got on a horse to ride the horse. What is the best approach using cinemachine to achieve the same thing?

Do I add another third person camera to follow the horse?
    Or create a state and trigger the state when the character mounts the horse?

Any guidance much appreciated, thanks also for the previous advice as I got the camera working on a TPC and have been struggling for weeks with finding a solution. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorted it, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019