Search Unity

Group Composer Zoom Only Mode broken or changed with 2018.1

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by chaneya, May 9, 2018.

1. chaneya

chaneya

I just updated to Unity 2018.1 and the new Cinemachine available in Package Manager and it appears you guys may have broken or changed things when using a Group Composer with Adjustment Mode set to Zoom Only.

Prior to updating, I had a very good setup for Group Targeting for a 3D Top Down Isometric camera perspective. As soon as I updated, this setup no longer works. Now the camera just goes shooting off into space. Here is a screen grab of my setup that worked before updating. The same setup after updating causes the camera to shoot off into space.

GroupTarget1.PNG
    GroupTarget2.PNG

The only way I can keep the camera from shooting off into space is if I change the Group Composer Adjustment Mode from Zoom Only to Dolly and Zoom or Dolly Only. The problem is that defeats the point of just Zooming in and Out to maintain view of the group of enemies as they are added and removed from the Target Group List. Zoom only is clearly broken. Either it's broken or I'm just guessing that you may have changed it so you have to use a Confiner when you added the changes for 2D. But then failed didn't test implementation for 3D?

I use an Orbital Transposer so I can maintain the camera behind the player with a Heading Bias of -90. Also I allow the user to pause the game and rotate the view around the play field and the Orbital Transposer allows those features.

Thanks for any help.
    Allan

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Hmmmm... haven't seen that before. Will try to repro tomorrow. If I can't I may ask you to package up a little demo for me so heads up. We'll get this thing fixed for you.

BTW I noticed in your screen capture that the target group seems to be attached to a vcam. That's wrong, because both the vcam and the group will attempt to control the transform. Attach the target group to an empty game object.

chaneya likes this.
  3. chaneya

chaneya

WOW!

Thanks for the super fast response. Your BTW comment was exactly the problem. I had the Target Group Component on the same gameobject that held the VCam I was using for group targeting. (It seemed like an efficient use of gameobjects and worked previously)

I was also using the VCam gameobject as my Follow and LookAt targets for the Vcam since that held my Target Group Component. Once I removed the Target Group Component and placed it on an empty gameobject and then made that my Follow and LookAt targets for the VCam, it all worked perfectly.

Thanks again!!
    Allan

Gregoryl likes this.