Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ground Plane sample projects/APK

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by detomato, Dec 21, 2017.

1. detomato

detomato

Followed the tutorial from Vuforia website. Compiled normally onto my S8+, but nothing shows up.
    Was wondering if anyone got it working, would kind enough to upload the working projects or just the APK. As of currently, I'm not sure if the said features is really working or just hype.

devices: Samsung S8+
    unity: 2017.3.0f3
    vuforia: 7.0.43

2. WisockiJr

WisockiJr

how did you get Vuforia 7.0.43 on unity? it is not released yet (on unity) just for android and ios outside unity...

3. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

I got it working for iOS.
    Using this tutorial https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html

However I encountered a few problems with the example C# script that I had to tackle first;

1. You have to figure out which namespace to include at the top of your C# file.
    This is it;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using Vuforia;
    2. There's a typo where the example code says "positionaldevicetracker" that has to be "PositionalDeviceTracker"

3. I had no Guid class in my project so I replaced
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var anchor = _deviceTracker.CreatePlaneAnchor(Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), result);
    with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var anchor = _deviceTracker.CreatePlaneAnchor(Time.time.ToString(), result);
    And it al works fine. I'm not impressed by the quality of the tracking. But I'm testing on an iPhone7 might work better on newer devices.

I also noticed that a lot of extra devices will be supported in the first patch of 2017.3. See https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-supported-devices.html

vad710 likes this.
  4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@theolagendijk Thanks for your feedback on the docs. I've mentioned this to the team in charge of these docs.

@detomato @WisockiJr Vuforia 7.0.43 will have support for non-ARKit iOS and Android devices and will be available in an upcoming Unity 2017.3 patch. This is expected to release in January.

Thanks

theolagendijk likes this.