Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ground plane emulation gets destroyed but not recreated

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by monark, Sep 20, 2018.

1. monark

monark

If you are working in the editor when you start up Vuforia AR a game object gets created call "New Game Object"
    (good choice of name....)
    Attached to that gets created an Emulator Ground plane object.

If you then either disable the AR camera or the Vuforia behaviour script on it that emulation game object is destroyed.

Re-enabling the AR camera or the script doesn't bring it back so it becomes impossible to test in the editor.

How do you get that object back? or are we meant to just make one of our own?!?

Vuforia really is the worst framework I have ever seen in Unity, I hope that the Unity devs bring this in house at some point, it really is letting them down to have included it in the state it's in.

henriqueranj likes this.
  2. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

I found this same issue.

The worst part is that features like this are also deep within the Vuforia DLLs and not in source code. I understand that they want to safeguard proprietary code, but some things just fall into the application level and in no way represent any sort of classified intellectual property.

It would be easier for all of us if such a behaviour could be fixed by the developers as we can read and change the code of something this simple.