Search Unity

【Ground Fitter (free)】- Fit your dynamic objects to ground

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FimpossibleCreations, Jul 20, 2018.

1. SirOhwell

SirOhwell

Thanks for this, i really like it. Couple things tho.

There is no collision between character and walls or obstacles. Should i add character collider, or collider with rigidbody, or just try and use experimental physics mode?

Another thing, how to add support for moving platforms? Up and down works if platform is moving slow, character stays on platform. Horizontal movement kinda works too, but character is not (automatically) moving with platform. Any ideas how to add moving platform support?

2. magique

magique

@FimpossibleCreations I'm trying to get Ground Fitter to work, but I must be missing something. I already have an AI system that uses NavMesh and moves a character around the scene using RootMotion. I just want Ground Fitter to fit to the ground in LateUpdate, but when I put the component on my AI, the AI is just stuck in one place and never moves anymore. Any ideas?

3. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Ground Fitter component will override rotation of your controller, you would need to controll through code value for groundFitter.UpAxisRotation = degrees.
    But if you need just the rotation, you can try the Ground Rotator component. This one needs to be added to the root bone of your character's skeleton (possible only if your character have bone in position of feet) and it will rotate the bone without affecting physics and the movement controller. (check the tooltip of the ground rotator component for guide)

4. magique

magique

It doesn't really work for me. Just using rotation causes it to rotate the character's facing when it's not necessary. You should have an option that only adjusts feet placement and does not in any way control the character's facing or movement.