Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Grip axis shows no value of knuckles controllers

Discussion in 'VR' started by MythicalCity, Jun 4, 2019.

1. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi, I'm trying to get the input axis from the grip of the knuckles controllers using the regular Unity input system (not the SteamVR one). According to this page:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OpenVRControllers.html

it's supposed to be on Axes 11 & 12 but they have no values when squeezed. If I switch to the trigger axis to read out the value in runtime it works fine, but 11 & 12 have no input it seems. Anyone know how to get the Grip value?

playfulsystems likes this.
  2. callen

callen

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same issue. It used to work sometime earlier this year for me, but it might just be disabled for good? I saw this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/new-input-system-knuckles-support.610624/

I'd be really disappointed if they broke this, however. I've been trying to get support for knuckles/index controllers prepped for the end of the month and if the *only* way is the new action system, its just not going to be possible.

dshimmyo likes this.
  3. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yep! Using OpenVR, the Knuckles controller stopped reporting it's grip axes the day that SteamVR 2.0 was announced and made available. We are still looking into supporting SteamVR 2.0, and have aaked if they can still forward those grip axes through the unused OpenVR axes in the meantime, but it has not happened yet. As soon as we can read them through OpenVR, I will work to make them available in Unity again.

Sorry they don't work at the moment.

4. arcanereality

arcanereality

Any update on this?
    Any update on this? Would really like our game to support the Index but it would be a real pain to have to update to SteamVR 2.0 right now.

5. arcanereality

arcanereality

@StayTalm_Unity Curious if any progress was made on this. With the release of Half Life we'd really like to be able to fully support the Index for our game.

6. AVOlight

AVOlight

for a workaround does anyone know what raw axis value we can get?
    unfortunately i don't have index controllers

tried rAxis3.x
    of VRControllerState_t
    feedback is that it's still not working