Search Unity

GridPro and stretching

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Sterile_D, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sterile_D

Sterile_D

I am working from the Unity Fundamentals Course on Pluralsight. They download and use both BuilderPro and GridPro. When I follow along in the video. I have to create a cube in BuilderPro. Then they have you stretch it to 10 grid lengths. When I grab the face and try to do the stretch. The cube then stretches to a point instead of the entire face. It will stretch properly if I turn off grid snap in GridPro. Would anyone be able to point me to mu mistake?

So when I turn off "toggles snapping on or off" it stretches like the video. When it is on the face selected goes to a point.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there!

What's happening here is, your Grid is set to 1 meter, and when you move the face, all it's verts are (unfortunately) finding the same point on the grid, and snapping to that point. You can solve this two ways:

1) Use a smaller Grid size (hit the plus and minus keys on your keyboard to double and halve)
    2) Open "Edit > Preferences", choose ProGrids in the left-hand column, then change "Snap Method" to "Snap on Selected Axis Only".

Hope that helps!

Sterile_D likes this.
  3. Sterile_D

Sterile_D

Thanks for the help. That did it.