Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

GridPro and stretching

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Sterile_D, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sterile_D

Sterile_D

I am working from the Unity Fundamentals Course on Pluralsight. They download and use both BuilderPro and GridPro. When I follow along in the video. I have to create a cube in BuilderPro. Then they have you stretch it to 10 grid lengths. When I grab the face and try to do the stretch. The cube then stretches to a point instead of the entire face. It will stretch properly if I turn off grid snap in GridPro. Would anyone be able to point me to mu mistake?

So when I turn off "toggles snapping on or off" it stretches like the video. When it is on the face selected goes to a point.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there!

What's happening here is, your Grid is set to 1 meter, and when you move the face, all it's verts are (unfortunately) finding the same point on the grid, and snapping to that point. You can solve this two ways:

1) Use a smaller Grid size (hit the plus and minus keys on your keyboard to double and halve)
    2) Open "Edit > Preferences", choose ProGrids in the left-hand column, then change "Snap Method" to "Snap on Selected Axis Only".

Hope that helps!

Sterile_D likes this.
  3. Sterile_D

Sterile_D

Thanks for the help. That did it.