Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GridPalette subasset not found from:"Name"

Discussion in '2D' started by Ali_Fuat_ADAK1, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Ali_Fuat_ADAK1

Ali_Fuat_ADAK1

I am making some tilemaps for my game. I am new at this thing so i dont understand well. There was no problem when i added my first tilemap palette. I got this warning when i tried to add the second one. I dont have a professional english so i didnt understand it well. Any ideas?

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is a bug where a Tile Palette does not have its Palette Settings subasset.

If this occurs again, could you file a bug report with your project and post the case number here? Thanks!

Alternatively, you can fix the Tile Palette asset by dragging it from the Project window onto the clipboard view in Tile Palette window and it will fix this issue by regenerating its Palette Settings subasset.

3. almostgiants

almostgiants

I've been experiencing the same problem over and over with this tool. My case number is
    CASE IN-18287 Thanks!

4. almostgiants

almostgiants

My favorite workaround to this issue is...

1. In the Tile Palette editor just create one new palette. For me, the error normally occurred when I tried to create a second palette.
    2. The palette you created in step 1 above will end up somewhere in your Assets folder. If it has a circle with a right arrow, it was created successfully. If you have one without a circle and right arrow, I would just delete that one.
    3. Click to select the good palette. Next type Ctrl-D to duplicate the palette and rename the new palettes to whatever you want.

5. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for the case number! We will check out why the Tile Palette asset is not generated properly for you.

6. ntkog

ntkog

Hey there, i am having the same issue. Any news on this?