Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GridBrushEditorBase missing?

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by trojanfoe_, Jun 10, 2019.

1. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

Hi there, I am following a Ray Wenderlich tilemap tutorial using 2019.2.0b5 and am getting the following script error:

Assets\Scripts\Editor\PrefabBrush.cs(65,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GridBrushEditorBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Visual Studio (2019) also cannot find it. Has something happened to this class; I didn't see anything about it in the Release Notes?

Cheers,
    Andy

2. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

3. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

It looks like there is a Tilemap Editor package now in 2019.2, which I haven't installed, so I suspect that is the reason for the compile error.

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

The new TilemapEditor package is the source of the compilation error you are facing. You will need to have the package installed if you are using Unity 2019.2.

The documentation for the Tilemap Editor has been moved to the package documentation here. For example, the GridBrushEditorBase documentation can be found here.

trojanfoe_ likes this.
  5. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't notice anything about this in the release note/change log. Is that me or you guys?

6. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

All sorted thanks. I upgraded the project from 2019.1 to 2019.2 and the 2D Sprite and Tilemap Editor packages were added and after some tinkering with the code it now compiles and works just fine.

7. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Sorry that this was not communicated well enough. This was placed in the Unity 2019.2 upgrade guide as more details could be provided on how to upgrade.

trojanfoe_ likes this.
  8. HiddenDreamer67

HiddenDreamer67

What sort of tinkering was done in the code to fix this error?

9. trojanfoe_

trojanfoe_

To be honest I cannot remember. It would have been the Ray Wenderlich source code that I changed though.