Search Unity

Grid Layout Group and dynamic cell size

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by PolygonFormation, Oct 2, 2014.

1. PolygonFormation

PolygonFormation

Hello there,

I'm running 4.6 b20 and can't figure out (except in an ugly update) how to dynamically resize my GridLayout cell size in code, based on its panel container width (a relative canvas width), like so:

Code (CSharp):
    2. inventoryGrid.cellSize = Vector2.one * Mathf.RoundToInt(inventoryPanel.rect.width/2 - 16);
    That works in a Start(), but I want to catch like a "resize event" to trigger this code, any idea ?

Thank you very much,

smax

2. ChoMPi

ChoMPi

3. PolygonFormation

PolygonFormation

Great worked , Thank you !

4. djnewty

djnewty

leads to page not found now :/ .,.......

ina likes this.
  5. huulong

huulong

6. huulong

huulong

OK, so the problem is that the first one must be overridden is a custom UIBehaviour subclass:

Code (CSharp):
    1. /// <summary>
    2. ///   <para>This callback is called if an associated RectTransform has its dimensions changed.</para>
    3. /// </summary>
    4. protected virtual void OnRectTransformDimensionsChange()
    5. {
    6. }
    I just want to plug to an existing rect transform, without any custom component.

The second one, Transform.hasChanged, doesn't know about RectTransform. So if the center has not moved but it was resized, it may not react at all.

Maybe I will check any window size changed by storing the screen dimensions and comparing it to last frame, as in https://forum.unity.com/threads/window-resize-event.40253/

But at the bottom of said thread, one suggests to use OnRectTransformDimensionsChange with a custom UIBehaviour (probably covering the whole screen, but invisible)! So I could just as well make a custom UIBehaviour and put it directly on the object I want to monitor...

7. ItsMe1423

ItsMe1423

do you mind sending the full code please?