Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Grid doesn't line up with tiles

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Darinth, May 30, 2017.

1. Darinth

Darinth

The grid in the current unity preview 4 doesn't line up with the tiles and their collision boxes. It's difficult to tell if this is a showing up in the dev version of if something has gotten off kilter in my install. When the grid object has transform scaling of (1,1,1) it looks okay, though carefully looking at it shows that the tiles and their collision boxes aren't actually quite aligned with the grid. If you change the grid scale to (0.5,0.5,1) it becomes quite visible. It's enough that if you're zoomed out working with a larger map you start to feel a little uncertain about whether or not you're actually selecting the right tiles. It hasn't caused a substantial issue, but it's certainly a little odd-looking.

upload_2017-5-30_13-2-39.png
    upload_2017-5-30_13-4-51.png

I'm also running into an issue where the character controller I had running perfectly smoothly before the update to preview 4 is now occasionally having issues when going up slopes with falling through, but unfortunately I haven't figured out what's causing it yet.