Search Unity

Resolved Grey lines over white surface in high resolution

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Constros, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Constros

Constros

Hi,
    I am relatively new to Unity, using old 19.438 version and met with the problem of grey lines appearing on white surfaces of objects when resolution is set to 6k in Game mode (I need to generate 6k screenshots). Does not seem to be material/texture related (changed materials). Does not seem screenshot add-on related (lines appear with different screenshot add-ons). Did not help to increase pixel light count. Not related to direction of light.
    upload_2022-4-30_17-27-54.png
    If I rotate object grey lines change in count and frequency. When I get camera closer to object, lines increase in frequency as well.
    upload_2022-4-30_17-38-40.png

Very thankful for any direction, I have spent a few hours with no success.

2. Constros

Constros

to be precise, grey stripes are not just over white, but over any color, material, any tiling. As I mentioned it - changes on rotation. Attaching picture with other material and slightly rotated object that produces even more grey stripes.
    upload_2022-4-30_21-3-58.png

3. Mauri

Mauri

richardkettlewell likes this.
  4. Constros

Constros

Thanks, Bias and Normal Bias did not help but I discovered that camera had "post-processing layer" and there if I disable the whole post-processing or in layer spec disable Default or Ignore Raycast I get away with unwanted grey lines. Yet it comes with losing part of the light intensity, light becomes a bit dimmer. I think I got post processing set up with VegetationStudioPro... that made me go and update Post Processing package. But it did not help in lost light. Now I have the lost light issue :)

upload_2022-4-30_22-23-15.png

5. Constros

Constros

to conclude, excluding raycast cannot be compensated by light intensity but for my purpose I can increase contrast for screenshot outside of Unity. There probably are ways to increase contrast with post processing tool in Unity but I did not find a quick and simple way to do it. With that I would say that original issue is solved ;)