Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Greater level of sickness?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by maaboo, Mar 29, 2016.

1. maaboo

maaboo

I've just started to play with VR in Unity and realized that I have much greater level of nausea than in games like Euro Truck Simulator 2. I can spend an hour inside ETS2 and it's okay (may be just little unpleasant feeling) but in Unity (with default settings at least) I play for 2 minutes and then have to rest for 20 minutes.

I just wanna know is it only for me, or someone else have noticed that difference?

2. Gruguir

Gruguir

3. maaboo

maaboo

Well, I meant the exact experience. For instance, driving a car inside Unity Editor vs driving a car inside ETS2.

May be it's unoptimized scene, but I want to know that there are no specific issues or settings related to this. At lest I tried the simplest scene ever with only few polygons and still felt sick. I suspect rendering component (or lighting) because scene doesn't look like game.

4. Gruguir

Gruguir

You should just stick to the actual recommended Unity version on Oculus forum, some are buggy in VR (including lights/shadows in deffered rendering).

5. DrBlort

DrBlort

Do your scene have something to reference the movement or it uses uniform color? Because I noticed that could make a big difference.
    I changed my testing floor to a checkerboard and the nausea was gone. The individual checker size mattered (to me, at least), change it until you find something comfortable.

6. majeric

majeric

Make sure your framerate is good (>60FPS). No involuntary movement (although setting the user inside a cockpit where the cockpit is tied to something that flies can help).