Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Grass on non-terrain meshes

Discussion in 'World Building' started by mrCharli3, Jun 6, 2018.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

I'm using my own meshes for terrain, but I want to draw grass. Unfortunately I seems to need Unity terrain to do that? Is there some way I can use my own meshes and draw grass on that?

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

3. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

4. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah, yep- we're working on some fixes and updates to Polybrush that will solve this. Sorry for the delay!

mrCharli3 likes this.
  6. Zhialus

Zhialus

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but have these fixes been rolled out as of now? As far as I can tell with the current version of polybrush, it just places mass amounts of individual gameobjects with the prefab placer like mrCharli3 mentioned.

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah, oops - I misunderstood mrCharli3 back then. Polybrush will always only place prefabs/objects, it is not intended to do a grass/detail system like Terrain. Sorry for the confusion!

unityunity