Search Unity

Graphics Suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by sonic220, Nov 30, 2012.

1. sonic220

sonic220

Hi guys, I'm currently working on a "space shooter" and I need some suggestion about my game graphics.
    I'm not good at making the envoirment, can you please suggest me a way to do some decent looking bullets?
    Also, would you suggest me to use more particle effects or light for the game? I like simple things but what do you think?
    here some images:

2. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

My opinion, take what you wish leave the rest, is that there are 2 or 3 different art styles here and that needs to be unified. .. the background does not fit with the landscape which does not fit with the props/objects. ... I actually like the simple hand-drawn look of the objects, it's very close to being an artistic style all of its own. But for me the backdrop doesn't really `go` with it and the landscape with very few colors seems like it's from a different game. I say keep the hand-drawn parts, hand-drawn more of the landscape and hand-draw the background. Making it `not` perfect can actually be more artistically appealing.

3. sonic220

sonic220

You gave me great suggestions, thanks, I'll apply myself and I'll see what I can do.
    What I hate so far are the bullets but I don't really know what to do with them

4. sonic220

sonic220

that's what I've got so far, I think it's better this way, but I don't feel like I like this :(

5. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

That looks way better than your first post. I like it a lot. It's unique!

6. sonic220

sonic220

Thanks, I've still a lot of work to do, I'm not really good at graphics, this is what I've got so far now:

but still I don't like the look of the bullets, what do you think?

7. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

You don't have to be good at art. You have to be consistent. Your game has a unique style to it, and that makes it stick out. I like it. The bullets (that line on the 3rd image?) doesn't quite fit in, though. I'm not sure where to go with that, lol.

8. sonic220

sonic220

Thanks! I made some progress! Somebody would like to play the game and tell me what they think about it?
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23802589/Project-V 0.5.rar

I know there are minor bugs, if you guys find something let me know, also I appreciate suggestions!