Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics product board still valid?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by pahe, Jan 7, 2021.

1. pahe

pahe

Hey.

I was wondering the the graphic product board / roadmap is still used by Unity. I think this should be more prominent for all users to see and vote for features. Especially when being able to describe why a feature is important to some users.

Here's the link to the board: Graphic Product Board

Cheers

Deleted User, NotaNaN and mariandev like this.
  2. NotaNaN

NotaNaN

All of the Product Boards are still being used by Unity... It's just that the features listed in them are taking suspiciously long to implement.

Like most "transparent" things done by Unity, it seems the Product Boards are more for quieting the crowd. With the Product Boards, they can claim to everyone that they will add the so-called "critical" feature... but since these claims rarely come along with timestamps or ETAs (let alone ones that are delivered on), they are basically useless to the developer, of whom could have just hoped that the features would come eventually.

However, I wholeheartedly agree that the Product Boards should be better solicited. Every Unity user should know about them, so hopefully all the aware users can pressure Unity into giving developers what they need, rather than more pretty car adds and pay-walled AR features or whatever this is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    pahe and mariandev like this.