Search Unity

Graphics glitches and crashes started to occuring recently. Logs and videos included.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GloriaVictis, Oct 26, 2017.

1. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Hello,

Its a hard issue I need your help to find out as I have already spent about three weeks looking for it.

Our game started to crash three weeks ago, it was after releasing a first patch on Unity 2017, so we can't switch back easly to check if its happening on old version too.

We don't have exact reproduction sadly, but maybe it will be somehow obvious for you where to look at and give us some tips about that.

When our players are playing for a quite long time, especially with many other players around they are starting to get graphics glitches which can be seen there
    (makings parts of screen black)

One more thing we observe when it starts to happen is somehow related with Render.IsVisible :

- you can see a player teleporting around on the right side of the screen (without weapon in hands and nickname above head). Its our optimization which happens only is Renderer.IsVisible is false. Its always happening after those graphical glitches happens.

There are another moments of those issues in a short version:

https://i.gyazo.com/642dcde94f53954f9c6661c5d75b23c8.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/edbd04e6ef24b85156ee4cc6ff837496.mp4

Of course first things we trough its making this issue were some RAM/VRam leak, but we have checked that and its not happening when the issue happens. Our game is not taking more than 3gb RAM and 2gb Vram even while crash happens, and its not increasing before it happens.

Game is going to crash after a few minutes of playing it, if someone will close the game without waiting for crash is still going to show its a crash. I am attaching files which we received from our players, it looks the same all of the time.

We have tried building on another Unity 2017 versions but it didn't helped, we have tried rolling back as much things as its possible (all of the scripts actually) and it didn't helped either.

Attached Files:

2. xVergilx

xVergilx

Have you tried fixing all those null ref's first? It seems like it's not Unity's fault, but rather a developer's one.

3. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Its ralated to deleting server side content while building client application, but its there since beginning and this issue started to happen lately.

4. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

And of course, it is probably our issue, but I am looking for any tips on where to look at. We are rather experienced developers and stand against many issues but I cannot fix that one yet while time is really precious in that case.

5. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

And now it just crashed for me giving me information like that:

An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.

6. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Just got this issue on editor, it was spamming like 200 times on update this error:
    Assertion failed: In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first.

So yeah, its Unity bug and we are stuck on it because we cant go back into Unity 5.5 now....
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/errors-message-at-editor-play

7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The bug you linked had the fix for it checked into 2017.1. I found another bug with a similar error message, but that one again has been fixed, this time in 2017.2, and it states it was backported to 2017.1.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hile-toggling-skinned-mesh-renderer-component

8. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

We have just switched into 2017.1.2p2 and same errors and crashes occurs.

9. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  10. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

11. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis