Search Unity

Bug Graphics crash at start in laptop

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Caparrini, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Caparrini

Caparrini

When running the build in a Laptop (Gygabyte Aero 15 YD), the graphics crash from the beginning. It outputs this error log. Any idea what it might be?

XRSystem.ReleaseFrame() was not called!
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.XRSystem:SetupFrame(List`1, Boolean, Boolean) (at C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\XR\XRSystem.cs:117)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline:Render(ScriptableRenderContext, List`1) (at C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs:1162)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline:InternalRender(ScriptableRenderContext, List`1) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipeline.cs:51)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, IntPtr, List`1) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineManager.cs:115)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.BufferedRTHandleSystem.Swap () [0x000c0] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.7\Runtime\Textures\BufferedRTHandleSystem.cs:188
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.BufferedRTHandleSystem.SwapAndSetReferenceSize (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x00002] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.7\Runtime\Textures\BufferedRTHandleSystem.cs:132
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera.SetReferenceSize () [0x00025] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\Camera\HDCamera.cs:991
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera.BeginRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) [0x00002] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\Camera\HDCamera.cs:1018
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.AOVRequestData aovRequest) [0x0008b] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs:1980
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) [0x00f13] in C:\UnityProjects\Drone\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.7\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs:1876
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) [0x0001f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipeline.cs:51
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, System.IntPtr loopPtr, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] renderRequests) [0x00049] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineManager.cs:115

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Which unity version?
    What hdrp version?
    Do you use VR?
    Do you use ray tracing? (VR and Ray tracing are not compatible atm)
    What PC specs? (I'm not going to google your laptop and dig into the specs)
    Is it crashing in a build? When starting unity? When entering play mode?

3. Caparrini

Caparrini

It crashes on an IL2CPP build

Unity version: 2021.3.7
    HDRP version: 12.1.7
    No VR
    No RayTracing

Laptop specs:
    Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
    System Model: AERO 15 YD
    Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

First update gpu drivers and unity to the latest lts.
    And maybe reimport the project/delete the library folder?

5. Caparrini

Caparrini

GPU Drivers are up to date, and after trying a new build with the latest Unity 2021 LTS, it keeps giving the same error. Any idea?

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Did you already reimport the project or try a completely new projects to see if you can reproduce?

7. Caparrini

Caparrini

Just with my project. I haven't tried with an empty project since it is hard for me to iterate with it because is not my computer that fails but one of my testers. Nonetheless, I just got someone else with the same issue, and the only common factor between them is that they both use Windows 11 Pro. Is there any known issues with Windows 11 and HDRP?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  8. DevDunk

DevDunk

Could be? Maybe upgrading unity to the latest lts might help?

9. Caparrini

Caparrini

I did try too. With the latest of 2021 and the latest of 2022 with no different result.

10. DevDunk

DevDunk

Does it happen on your laptop? If so, make a bug report with a minimal reproduction project

11. Caparrini

Caparrini

It doesn't happen on my computers, that's what makes it harder to try. But I'll file a bug report and see if they can find something

12. Caparrini

Caparrini

More people have been encountering the same issue with Windows 10, so it seems like the OS is not a factor on the issue.