Search Unity

Graphics.CopyTexture exception

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JamesWjRose, Mar 16, 2019.

1. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Hello gang,

I have an asset (CScape) that is throwing the following exception:
    Graphics.CopyTexture with a region will not copy readable texture data for compressed formats (source texture format 12)
    UnityEngine.Graphics:CopyTexture(Texture, Int32, Int32, Texture, Int32, Int32)
    CSMaterialTools:CreateStyleShapes() (at Assets/CScape/Scripts/CSMaterialTools.cs:145)
    CScape.CSMaterialToolsEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/CScape/Scripts/Editor/CSMaterialToolsEditor.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I wrapped this function in a Try/Catch and nothing was thrown, which makes me believe that the issue is father down within Unity's CopTexture function.

The drive is no compressed, and the files this function is dealing with have Read/Write access, I am admin on the machine. The issue happens on my desktop machine, but not my laptop, which leads me to believe that this is something to do with my desktop. But I cannot figure out what the issue is. (arg!) There are almost no ref online dealing with this error. I have spoken at length with the asset developer and they don't have a clue either.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

2. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Bump. Anyone? @Unity come on, this is your error and your documentation has zero info about this issue. Help please.