Search Unity

Graphics are displaying low quality maps/lighting

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by itsharshdeep, Mar 22, 2020.

1. itsharshdeep

itsharshdeep

Hi All,

I would like to ask a question which I am not able to find on the internet ( tried to search over the internet and discussed with my team internally but not able to figure out the answer )

Currently, I am trying to set up a scene in Unity 2019.2.1f1.

My graphics designer sent me a model with a render from his side. [image 1: reference]

But in Unity, I am able to get the wrong output. [image2: currentOutput]

and my lighting settings are currently: https://prnt.sc/rhwtat Kindly ignore the tweaking in the lighting setting, I was trying to fix the issue with changing the setting.

More info:
    1. Currently, I have tried to change the textures to png instead of JPEG/JPG as normal maps generally appear pixelated in jpeg or jpg instead of png.

2. Tried to change the quality settings too

3. Currently, I'm using the Standard pipeline instead of the UWRP or so on. I don't want to migrate right now

4. In case you want to see the Graphics settings or texture quality setting, please let me know, I can provide that. I tried my best to get resolve this.

5. I have tried to do this with and without baking both. Initially, I thought it was because of the issue lightmap low quality but it wasn't (I guess).
    Also, if you have any idea that what this issue is please let me know the name only, I will try to search this over the internet. Currently, I even don't know what this issue is called. I don't know what to write on Google.

Thanks a lot.