Search Unity

Graphical warping bug on world space canvas

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by HongCruise, Jan 15, 2021.

1. HongCruise

HongCruise

I have a few world space canvas that I use for gauges, maps, data for my game but I notice when I get further away from 0,0,0 on the world space these canvas start shaking and warping. Take a look at the text on the picture attached for an example. One thing I notice is that if I use a screen space overlay the text and assets on it don't warp no matter how far away I am and I'm not sure if this matters but the world space canvas that I use are pretty small in size, width and height of 0.3 for this example. The other thing I notice is that the closer I get back to 0,0,0 the more it goes back to normal.

Has anyone dealt with this issue/have suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. HongCruise

HongCruise

On further inspection, it's not just my world canvas, it's 3d objects as well, I notice the polygons I use for the cockpit start wildly shaking the further out I get from 0,0,0

3. HongCruise

HongCruise

4. Zomby138

Zomby138

If you're having trouble with floating point precision a long way from the world origin, you can try moving the world around, rather than moving the camera / player.

That's what people used to do in old games.

5. HongCruise

HongCruise

That's essentially what I ended up having to do, which really throws a kink in the entire physics system. Suddenly things like addforce and collision become a whole lot tricker. Not to mention I'm working with Mirror for multiplayer, it requires some very creative hacks...