Search Unity

Graphical Corruption in 2018.2

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Cheerio, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Cheerio

Cheerio

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble making Linux builds as of 2018.2. Basically in standalone builds, there will randomly be corruption at the bottom of the screen. The simplest example I've managed to boil it down to is to make two fullscreen buttons, the first one is red, the second one is the default color and when you click on the red button it destroys itself. The result is that a bunch of the red pixels are still drawn. This will happen randomly in our actual game but this test scenario was setup in a brand new project so I don't think it can be anything we've done. I have already filed a bug report but because we upgraded Unity and that update is coming out soon, I wanted to ask in case anyone else has experienced this and has a workaround.

graphical_corruption.jpg

2. liamdawe

liamdawe

Has there been any progress or a fix found on this? Could you provide your bug report link?

I'm seeing an increasing amount of releases for Linux with this exact issue including:
    Fluffy Horde
    Project Hospital
    Dead Dungeon
    The Fertile Crescent

The developer of Dead Dungeon confirmed they're using Unity 2018.2.15f1 so it's in that version for sure.

And no doubt a number more than I haven't yet tested.

To check, are you using an NVIDIA GPU? I've only seen it on that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. malkere

malkere

Same here. NVidia Linux user reports with a variety of screen shots, mostly trees, and particle systems. Using 2018.2, hadn't had any reports prior to upgrading, though I upgraded a few weeks ago, the user reporting is quite new.

4. PixelatedMe

PixelatedMe

5. malkere

malkere

Screenshot_from_2018-11-24_00-26-42.png Screenshot_from_2018-11-23_22-03-10.png
    Only on Linux. The user tried on a GTX 1050Ti and a GTX 1060 (6GB) on Lin64, using Nvidia drivers 415, 410, 396 and 390. First time anyone's ever reported it.

6. PixelatedMe

PixelatedMe

@malkere Yes, that looks similar to my issue. Switching to Vulkan worked for me.

Lin64, Unity 2018.2.16f1, GTX 1060 6 GB, Nvidia driver 390.87

Attached Files:

malkere likes this.
  7. malkere

malkere

My player has reported success with -force-vulkan, thanks for the tip

8. PixelatedMe

PixelatedMe

9. liamdawe

liamdawe

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is another to add to the list of titles this has affected.

I can also confirm that adding "-force-vulkan" as a launch option for it does fix it.