Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Resolved Graphical Bugs in Editor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by muzigpuzig_unity, Oct 15, 2022.

1. muzigpuzig_unity

muzigpuzig_unity

I'm on Linux and installation of unityhub and unityeditor went fine.
    But when using a Unity Editor, I experience too many graphical bugs to be able to use it. It's like the whole window is not redrawing often enough. I don't know how to fix it and I have never experienced this bug on any other program. I tried reinstalling the Editor and tried multiple LTS versions, but it's always the same.

My system: Pop!_OS 22.04 with KDE Plasma 5.24.6
    OpenGL version string: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 515.65.01
    Hardware: Nvidia RTX 3060Ti
    Versions tried: three latest LTS versions

Maybe this is a common problem and I hope someone can help me, thanks!
    I uploaded an example image of the bug when sliding over the top navigation. It happens with every context menu at least. I have not experienced any crashes or any other problems so far.

Attached Files:

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

This seems like an issue with your drivers. Can you do a clean reinstall of both your gpu drivers and unity?

3. muzigpuzig_unity

muzigpuzig_unity

@DevDunk I tried reinstalling Unity, but didn't try reinstalling Nvidia Driver, since I was scared it would be too much fiddling. Thank you though!

But I found the solution within a thread of this forum. The cause was my disabled KDE Compositor, which I disabled a while ago to prevent input lags when playing fps games. I didn't know it can lead to such problems. Unity is definitely the first program, where these graphical bugs occurred for me.

Link to Post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/anyone-tried-it-with-kde-plasma.1031128/#post-6701596

DevDunk likes this.
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Can you file a bug report with this post attached?
    Then maybe they can fix it

muzigpuzig_unity likes this.
  5. tylerinthezoo

tylerinthezoo

Unity Technologies

any special reasons to stick to 2020.3? i would suggest upgrading the editor version and see if it's better there.

DevDunk likes this.